Best camping for Thursday arrival

chuan

Hi everyone,

We have a coach + ticket combination departing London at 1pm Thursday so are likely to arrive late afternoon/early evening into the site.

Usually we camp in Oxlyers but expect that will be pretty full up on the Thursday.  Any tips on best camping spots which would still have availability?  We generally like to stay quite central and in an area that we know won't flood!  This will be my 14th Glasto since 2005 and I have camped in Oxlyers each time as that year the festival flooded but Oxlyers drained away well!

Thanks in advance...

My group always camp in Bushy Ground and have found space for Thursday arrivals. I'm arriving midday on Thursday and hoping to get camped near them but I've got a 4 man tent so might not get right near them, but should be close enough. 

My biggest worry is setting up in the rain if the forecasts from today are accurate 😅

54 minutes ago, chuan said:

Hi everyone,

We have a coach + ticket combination departing London at 1pm Thursday so are likely to arrive late afternoon/early evening into the site.

Usually we camp in Oxlyers but expect that will be pretty full up on the Thursday.  Any tips on best camping spots which would still have availability?  We generally like to stay quite central and in an area that we know won't flood!  This will be my 14th Glasto since 2005 and I have camped in Oxlyers each time as that year the festival flooded but Oxlyers drained away well!

Thanks in advance...

Oxlyers will be rammed full by late Wednesday as will nearly all of the popular central areas. Consult the info boards when arriving teatime Thursday, they will show areas of availability. Your almost certainly looking at the western and northen fringe fields such as Bushy, Backhouse, Baileys, Dairy, South Park 1, Rigs, Darble, Hitchin etc