Anyone else unwell?

Jacko45

1 minute ago, Jacko45 said:

Panicking a little bit here, last 2 days feeling shite, sore throat, heavy chest and general flues symptoms.

Setting off Monday, really hoping it shifts itself in time.

Anyone else?

Had it a few weeks ago. Doctor mate of mine says theres a dose about. Nothing major. Lasted a good week though. 

Or, it could be AIDS. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Had it a few weeks ago. Doctor mate of mine says theres a dose about. Nothing major. Lasted a good week though. 

Or, it could be AIDS. 

f**king week, as if you've not taunted me enough in the weather thread.

Assuming you tested for covid.

Chicken soup (a posh one so you get more enzymes), echinacea (tablets are cheap in Tesco and improves resistance), day nurse/night nurse for symptoms. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Panicking a little bit here, last 2 days feeling shite, sore throat, heavy chest and general flues symptoms.

Anyone else?

Ffs! You poorly lot getting just well enough to travel there and spread it to the rest of us during the festival 😠 Just don't go!

56 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Assuming you tested for covid.

Chicken soup (a posh one so you get more enzymes), echinacea (tablets are cheap in Tesco and improves resistance), day nurse/night nurse for symptoms. 

Echinacea is great. Works best if you start taking it as soon as symptoms come on

4 minutes ago, plaskins said:

Echinacea is great. Works best if you start taking it as soon as symptoms come on

It was recommended to me so long ago, that it was a fella we paid to recommend tcp/ip stacks, because back then all sorts of other protocols were in use depending on device and make.

He said he had a couple of pharmacist friends who both said it was what they used to keep colds at bay. 

Just been given a weeks course of antibiotics.

Can still drink, but the insert warns against excessive alcohol consumption. I mean, I was fully planning to launch into a week of excessive alchohol consumption….

2 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

Anyone else?

My dog shattered my ring finger last Friday, docs saying don't go......

Suck it up... see you in the fields!

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-15 at 13.27.36_9e076804.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-19 at 10.39.59_0ab3bc7b.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-19 at 10.39.59_d569f470.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Crikey! Some stories in here....

I'm currently in my 5th week of bronchitis and stinking cold on top over the last week. I am worried that none of it is shifting but will just have to take it easy if I need to...

Speedy recovery everyone!!

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

Bloody hell, that’s a properly done over finger! I hope you can keep it clean and well away from any falls/bumps/issues! Good on you for still coming, I’d do the exact same thing 👍 I think some kind of winding bandage would be a good idea just to put your mind at rest. It’ll affect your ability to get the beers in as well, definitely get the people around you to help out! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

How God's green earth did it do that?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

please be careful I can testify to a stay in hospital from an infection I got from a tiny cut on my leg on the farm .... so im likely more susceptible to infection but make sure you got stuff to keep it clean 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

please be careful I can testify to a stay in hospital from an infection I got from a tiny cut on my leg on the farm .... so im likely more susceptible to infection but make sure you got stuff to keep it clean 

really appreciate the concern mate. I am laughing it off but of course i'll have to be more careful this year.... imagine the sh*t id get for the rest of my life if i said i dropped out of Glastonbury for a broken finger.....

No thanks 

34 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

You’ll have to be really careful to keep that clean at all times and avoid infection - you are going be in fields with cow sh*t, poo and wee and all sorts of potential nasty stuff. 

• Like 1

Had cold and chesty cough all week too - just about through it now in time for getting on site Monday. I blame Taylor Swift 😂🤧 was probably COVID 😷but test was out of date so didn’t work. Have been wfh all week. 

8 minutes ago, sedra said:

Had cold and chesty cough all week too - just about through it now in time for getting on site Monday. I blame Taylor Swift 😂🤧 was probably COVID 😷but test was out of date so didn’t work. Have been wfh all week. 

Has she got Covid also? 😳

Broke collar bone 5 weeks ago. That gap is the break btw. seems to be healing well. Lots of physio and pain killers..

But now got this damn cold/sinus .. keeping up on fluids and rest..  hope it goes soon.. 

any way -man up 

IMG_0703.jpeg

1 hour ago, Stretlow said:

really appreciate the concern mate. I am laughing it off but of course i'll have to be more careful this year.... imagine the sh*t id get for the rest of my life if i said i dropped out of Glastonbury for a broken finger.....

No thanks 

I went with a broken collarbone in 2019. Not gonna lie it was a bit annoying being one armed but just have to suck it up and get on with it.