Anyone else unwell?

Jacko45

2 hours ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

Hayfever is kicking the sh*t out of me at the moment. Had a sinus infection the last few days but finally turned a corner on it. Asthma is grim and all.

Pollen seems to have chosen violence recently, its given me a good beating over the past few days also.

Edited by Sitruc97

2 hours ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

Hayfever is kicking the sh*t out of me at the moment. Had a sinus infection the last few days but finally turned a corner on it. Asthma is grim and all.

Had a sinus infection also on the back of some lurgy, and doc ended up putting me on antibiotics that finish today. 80% there and bit of a lingering cough (my wife delighted at the prospect of a 2 person tent for 5 nights!).  My wife broke her foot about 10 wks ago but luckily that has healed well and she's been putting in some miles walking recently. It's like a mine field trying to negotiate getting there in peak(ish), well reasonable, condition!

36 minutes ago, Sitruc97 said:

Pollen seems to have chosen violence recently, its given me a good beating over the past few days also.

It has! Usually by the time Glasto rolls around, I'm over the worst of it. Not the case this year...

24 minutes ago, SPW said:

Had a sinus infection also on the back of some lurgy, and doc ended up putting me on antibiotics that finish today. 80% there and bit of a lingering cough (my wife delighted at the prospect of a 2 person tent for 5 nights!).  My wife broke her foot about 10 wks ago but luckily that has healed well and she's been putting in some miles walking recently. It's like a mine field trying to negotiate getting there in peak(ish), well reasonable, condition!

Glad you're both on the mend!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPW said:

So I’m in the same boat sinus infection, just won’t shift and constantly sweating.. antibiotics done nothing.. now on site steaming my head lol.. hope this shot goes soon.. looks like a walk up to medical later

image.jpg

2 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Get cough medicine with Dextromethorphan in. It's the only actual cough "medicine" we seem to sell in the UK. The rest is just sticky syrups designed to soothe the throat. Which if it doesn't work, doesn't work. Dextromethorphan is an actual cough suppressant that makes you actually stop coughing. 

Need to go to the pharmacist for it though, and also don't say "some guy on the internet told me to ask for Dextromethorphan!" 

(Oh and do *not* take it if you have a chesty, productive cough - because it'll stop you coughing up all the crap your body needs to get rid of)

Thanks 🙏 I drank loads of fresh thyme tea (sweetened with honey) after a friend who’s an ex-medical herbalist recommended it. That really helped. Said-friend is a nuclear scientist, so it’s not some new-age woo woo tip - it really works, but you do have to drink quite a lot of it, as the effect is cumulative. 

On 6/21/2024 at 5:10 PM, clarkete said:

Assuming you tested for covid.

Chicken soup (a posh one so you get more enzymes), echinacea (tablets are cheap in Tesco and improves resistance), day nurse/night nurse for symptoms. 

What kind of ignoramus would test for covid 2 days before glasto. 

7 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

Thanks 🙏 I drank loads of fresh thyme tea (sweetened with honey) after a friend who’s an ex-medical herbalist recommended it. That really helped. Said-friend is a nuclear scientist, so it’s not some new-age woo woo tip - it really works, but you do have to drink quite a lot of it, as the effect is cumulative. 

So you're saying you need Thyme after Thyme? 

(Saturday 230pm)

• Upvote 2

So after getting properly beaten up by my hayfever over the weekend (and doing some damage to my sinuses which I was worried would lead to an infection they were so inflamed), I've managed to get it all under control by using a nasal spray and effectively refusing to leave the house/office except for my commute (and my sinuses are definitely recovering somewhat). Am a bit scared about what will happen when I get to the farm. I'm hoping that I can continue to keep on top of it with my meds, but probably the most I've been worried about it at this stage, definitely feels like the grass pollen has boomed later in the year than usual.

11 hours ago, Chicken Bob said:

What kind of ignoramus would test for covid 2 days before glasto. 

I would. Now, given I didn't test when in all likelihood I had it a few months ago and gave it to several people, which I wasn't happy with myself for being quite careless.

If I had it, I wouldn't want to transmit it to anyone else, plus I can't imagine a worse thing for it than 4/5 nights camping.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

If I had it, I wouldn't want to transmit it to anyone else

This was my fear.  I had it last week and I'm getting the coach.  I've recovered and not testing positive anymore, but there would be no way I'd be communicable and sat in a sealed box with 40 people for 3 hours.

1 hour ago, Tiesto13 said:

So after getting properly beaten up by my hayfever over the weekend (and doing some damage to my sinuses which I was worried would lead to an infection they were so inflamed), I've managed to get it all under control by using a nasal spray and effectively refusing to leave the house/office except for my commute (and my sinuses are definitely recovering somewhat). Am a bit scared about what will happen when I get to the farm. I'm hoping that I can continue to keep on top of it with my meds, but probably the most I've been worried about it at this stage, definitely feels like the grass pollen has boomed later in the year than usual.

Well done 👍

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I would. Now, given I didn't test when in all likelihood I had it a few months ago and gave it to several people, which I wasn't happy with myself for being quite careless.

If I had it, I wouldn't want to transmit it to anyone else, plus I can't imagine a worse thing for it than 4/5 nights camping.

While that's admirable, if you instead had flu and not COVID, it's a similar severity and danger at this point, so you'd really be wanting to flu test as well to make sure it's most likely just a cold.

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

While that's admirable, if you instead had flu and not COVID, it's a similar severity and danger at this point, so you'd really be wanting to flu test as well to make sure it's most likely just a cold.

Is there a thing to test for flu?

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

flu and a cold are nothing alike. If you have the actual flu you aren't going to be fussed about missing glasto cause you'd be in bed

In  and e … just been brought in by ambo … was showing some stroke signs so mates got me to call ambulance … I’ve been checked and they think it’s bells pausey . Back in waiting room now after assessment . No idea the wait … hopefully Itll be a few hours max and I can continue packing . Face might be a bit dropped during the fest though 

40 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

In  and e … just been brought in by ambo … was showing some stroke signs so mates got me to call ambulance … I’ve been checked and they think it’s bells pausey . Back in waiting room now after assessment . No idea the wait … hopefully Itll be a few hours max and I can continue packing . Face might be a bit dropped during the fest though 

Sending positive thoughts your way bud....hope you get fixed quick and make it tomorrow 🙏

4 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

flu and a cold are nothing alike. If you have the actual flu you aren't going to be fussed about missing glasto cause you'd be in bed

Both flu and covid are alike in that they effect people in a variety of different ways, and with a level of immunity, either natural or via vaccine (and flu vaccines are pretty common) they can reduce the symptoms down to that of a nasty cold.

5 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Both flu and covid are alike in that they effect people in a variety of different ways, and with a level of immunity, either natural or via vaccine (and flu vaccines are pretty common) they can reduce the symptoms down to that of a nasty cold.

Aw sorry I didn’t realise you said covid 

6 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Aw sorry I didn’t realise you said covid 

Nah you read it right, it's just like how today if you're vaccinated you can feel a bit unwell (but well enough for Glastonbury) and test and discover you have COVID.

That absolutely happens with flu also, especially if you have immunity. It's not always bad enough to leave you bed-ridden.

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

mate, hope you're ok. If it is bell's palsy that usually sorts itself out over time, although they might give you some steroids and stuff.

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

well out of A and E and home ... should be making it but fest is gonna be very different 😞 

• Like 1

Just now, steviewevie said:

mate, hope you're ok. If it is bell's palsy that usually sorts itself out over time, although they might give you some steroids and stuff.

yep steroids prescribed ... bloody pain at the mo as im struggling to eat and advice not to drink much