Greenday....

spencer1981

2 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

It was banging. But the difference between Dookie and American Idiot is that Dookie is about 35 mins long, and at Reading I remember thinking that they were absolutely racing through some of it. If you're going to do the 'whole album in full' thing, that's probably the way to do it. 

In fairness in Manchester, Green Day really ripped through the pair of the two albums. But I guess you have to when we're talking about fitting 37 songs into a 2hr20 set.

I think both when I've seen Origin of Symmetry and Silent Alarm being performed in full that there was more gaps between the songs. Guess I'll see similar when I go see Interpol play Antics in full in November.

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I think both when I've seen Origin of Symmetry and Silent Alarm being performed in full that there was more gaps between the songs. Guess I'll see similar when I go see Interpol play Antics in full in November.

Really intrigued to see what Bloc Party do with Silent Alarm at Glasto, being the 20th anniversary tour and all. I don't expect we'll get the whole album but I suspect it'll be very heavy on Silent Alarm tracks. 

Saw them for the first time in Manc on Fri. The band themselves were brilliant - my only gripes were with the golden circle BS and the sound not being as loud/punchy as I would have liked.

I kept thinking they would make a great Pyramid headliner, especially given that headliner pool seems to be getting smaller. The setlist covered all bases, and American Idiot as a full album sounds as good as ever.

Edited by Lubic

1 hour ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

Really intrigued to see what Bloc Party do with Silent Alarm at Glasto, being the 20th anniversary tour and all. I don't expect we'll get the whole album but I suspect it'll be very heavy on Silent Alarm tracks. 

See when I saw Bloc Party do Silent Alarm in full five years ago, they played the whole thing in reverse order, so starting with Complications and Plans but with Helicopter and Like Eating Glass at the end of the main set. Which was an intriguing way to do it.

5 minutes ago, Lubic said:

Saw them for the first time in Manc on Fri. The band themselves were brilliant - my only gripes were with the golden circle BS and the sound not being as loud/punchy as I would have liked.

I agree that the sound could've been louder, though even then it was inconsistent - drums were very much mic'd up, but on some songs it would come through loud and others it would be a less so. This was more of an issue in the second hour of the set than the first, however.

Though my bigger gripe was getting out of the venue, which was pretty awful.

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I agree that the sound could've been louder, though even then it was inconsistent - drums were very much mic'd up, but on some songs it would come through loud and others it would be a less so. This was more of an issue in the second hour of the set than the first, however.

Though my bigger gripe was getting out of the venue, which was pretty awful.

yeah getting out was a pain. Got lucky with the tram though so could’ve been worse

On 6/24/2024 at 7:59 AM, 1986 said:

My very first proper gig was a Green Day back in 2002.

image.jpeg.3f90d665846de6789ee8b15494a119c2.jpeg

Iggy aside it’s such a 2002 undercard 😁

I don’t stick them on anymore but I’d be at a headline set for sure. 

Are they deffo ruled out any secret slots this year?

I caught Iggy supporting Foo Fighters and Queens of the Stone Age in 2015 & 2018. Clearly he's got the longevity to have still been around in such support slots for so long.

For scale, the famed Bullet in a Bible shows in Milton Keynes in 2005 had Jimmy Eat World, Taking Back Sunday and Hard-Fi as opening acts. Does this feel similarly dated as Hundred Reasons, Face to Face and Spunge would've done?

Only day GD could a secret slot is the Sunday as they've got Dublin on Thursday and Wembley on Saturday, but they don't seem to be doing any back-to-back shows on this tour. So, I wouldn't say it's out of the question, but I wouldn't bank on it either.

On 6/23/2024 at 2:32 PM, Iphigenia said:

What slot would they play? They don't seem a good fit for Pyramid Headliner, but they seem too big for Other Stage headliner. 

So they tick every box of a Pyramid headliner but you dont want them to headline for some reason. They sell out stadiums, have a deep catalog, play guitars and are caucasian. What did I miss?

I saw GD for the first time at Wembley on Saturday. I'd seen some of their IoW set and thought they were great so expected more of the same. I was quite wrong - they were phenomenal. I still can't quite believe the mosh pits I saw appearing in 2024 and a fangirl dived off the stage lol  I've been to a lot of live acts now and Billie Joe is probably the best front man. He got people of all ages jumping up and down. They would kill it at Glastonbury I'm sure of it.