Site quieter?

CaledonianGonzo

That's good to hear, last time i went, 2022, it was ridiculously busy wherever you went, one of the reasons why i didn't try for a ticket in 2023, but this year i was just unlucky in the sales, hopefully if i am lucky again next year, it'll back to how things used to be where although it was busy, there always felt like somewhere you could go that was quiet to get away from things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paulshane said:

Friend of mine who works here says there are more behind the scenes changes to epo (he didn't elaborate) and said it's much quieter this year, so yes, looks like it may be more difficult to borrow a band

There are changes, and they are working.

• Like 1

It's my first Glasto so I'm not an authority on the matter, but from what I've seen on site and what I've read on the forum in the lead-up, it feels like everyone has been well distributed this year. There don't seem to be any silly bookings that's going to suck everyone in.

• Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, ShuMart said:

How busy it was in 2002 made me think twice about going last year. Glad to hear its better, it was bordering on ridiculous

Ah, 2002, the year where I genuinely thought I was going to die in a crush at one point. People might not like the Superfence but it was essential to the festival's survival. 

14 minutes ago, Tom_12 said:

Strummerville was a sh*t show earlier, security which clearly weren’t experienced trying to manage an eager crowd trying to get in.

Yes, huge amount of folk wanting to see Frank Turner. Surely they must have realised that especially on a Thursday with so few live acts on that this was always going to be rammed. Will be the same when he’s on the Avalon.  Such a big crowd pleaser he should have been on a big stage . 

59 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, huge amount of folk wanting to see Frank Turner. Surely they must have realised that especially on a Thursday with so few live acts on that this was always going to be rammed. Will be the same when he’s on the Avalon.  Such a big crowd pleaser he should have been on a big stage . 

He announced two sets tomorrow, the one at Avalon and another 2pm at  "colour and concept", so assumed to be Greenpeace.

• Thanks 1