Glastonbury 2024 - Home Edition

st dan

37 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Loving this Dua set, the stage set up with the light pillars in the crowd makes it look very club-esque. Not put a foot wrong so far. 

Coachella started doing that 10 years ago. Welcome to the modern age

37 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

IDLES are absolutely killing it. Setlist is brilliant so far. Crowd are well up for it. 

Watched 10mins of Dua beforehand and it just seems too polished and perfect to me. Felt like I was watching a music video and not a festival set. I’ll give the rest a watch tomorrow, still. 

So she is actually singing btw. Is it supposed to sound sh*tty and be off the cuff? Wonder if it was Madonna you wouldve said it was perfect.

Just now, lemons said:

Crowd don't look arsed at Dua Lipa 

I'm sure there's quite a few blokes there who have been dragged along by their other half. Ha!

She's a Pop star and she does what she has to do. It was all very clinical and over rehearsed to me though. Not what the headline slot at Glasto is about in my book. I switched over to Jungle as soon they started. Absolutely the right choice. 

Dua looks like she’s doing a ‘fine’ job, but I think this type of modern pop act is always going to struggle on the Pyramid. Bringing the energy for 90+ mins is the main issue. 
This isn’t a dig, I think she’s great at what she does, has some big hit and 100% deserves the slot, but I think it was always going to be fairly flat, given the type of act. 

5 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Coachella started doing that 10 years ago. Welcome to the modern age

So she is actually singing btw. Is it supposed to sound sh*tty and be off the cuff? Wonder if it was Madonna you wouldve said it was perfect.

I wasn’t saying she wasn’t singing? Everything just seemed too pristine. 

Edited by Andre91

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

What did he say down the mic? I sneezed as he spoke and missed it! 

Joe said "Is there anything you'd like to say?" And the little legend said "Just thanks to my dad for bringing me here"

Joe started crying and said "Now get the f**k off my stage" 😂

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, K2SO said:

Joe said "Is there anything you'd like to say?" And the little legend said "Just thanks to my dad for bringing me here"

Joe started crying and said "Now get the f**k off my stage" 😂

I am a cold hearted monster but that did make me smile when that happened 😀