Glastonbury 2024 - Home Edition

st dan

12 minutes ago, angelin said:

I mean she’s great but I am bored now 

I live Dua but right now, if I was there, I’d be wishing I’d gone to Fontaines, then, when I got home I’d realise I should’ve seen Idles!

we saw her at Sziget and to be fair it was far more vibes there. I actually think the problem is that The Pyramid field right now is full of people who are ‘doing Glastonbury’ and ‘saw Dua Lipa’. 

Been flicking between the different sets tonight, Dua Lipa is a bit meh, i dont get the hype but then its not my type of music and im not her target audience

Idles looks pretty good, altohugh only saw a couple of tracks, saw them on BBC introducing in 2022, loved seeing them in a small tent

I dont know what it is about Fontaines, i like a couple of their songs, but i just find it hard to like them

Just flicked over to Dua from Idles and I can't help but feel as though this Dua Lipa set is flat as f**k??

I've seen Dua a couple of times and she's been good, but this is just baffling. Is Houdini a set closer? This is a BRIT Awards performance, not a Glastonbury headline.

Also, no IDGAF or Dance The Night Away??? Piss poor from the small portion I've seen.

The Idles set looked amazing. Great crowd too. Can’t believe some on this forum didn’t think they could headline.

I’ll catch up on the other headliners later, but I would imagine they all smashed it. It would have been an impossible choice if I was lucky enough to be there. An embarrassment of riches.

I've only just had the strength to pull myself out of the misery of another year without a ticket but have watched:

Confidence Man - my first (late) introduction and really enjoyed! Will be checking out more of this.

Paul Heaton - amazing set, he sounds great.

Anne Marie - nothing groundbreaking, a good singalong though!

Dexys - very enjoyable!

LCD soundsystem - a beautiful set in that sunshine, impossible not to love them.

Idles - Mindblowing. They really did translate well over TV, wish I was there! Bless Flynn! The crowd brought the energy too. Idles never fail though in my opinion.

Best year for BBC coverage ever - next best thing to being there. 

• Upvote 2

It's like T4 on the beach. Jesus Christ this is so bland and flat. 

No problem with pop headliners even though it's not my genre. Beyonce smashed it when she did it. This is pretty dreary though in comparison. I don't think Billie Eilish was very good the other year either. Similar flat feeling about it. 

Edited by Benjsh

14 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

I have Dua Lipa on in the background on the telly and she has spent the entire last song with her back to the crowd whilst singing to the camera. Seems rather odd.

We said this - especially after her talk of being in the moment. Thought her performance was solid but not spectacular. If it’s true she didn’t play those two bangers (I didn’t watch the whole set) than that’s a rookie festival headliner error…

54 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

I'm sure there's quite a few blokes there who have been dragged along by their other half. Ha!

She's a Pop star and she does what she has to do. It was all very clinical and over rehearsed to me though. Not what the headline slot at Glasto is about in my book. I switched over to Jungle as soon they started. Absolutely the right choice. 

So no female act can ever perform on that stage then as a headliner. Wait til you get a load of Taylor Swift and how exacting that set would be. Would be more calculated and rigid than Dua's.

22 minutes ago, amfy said:

My conclusion after deliberately swerving it this year is that avoiding Pyramid headliners might be the key to a proper Glastonbury. 

I’m on a reset for a return maybe! 

the key is that you want one of the 3 to be to your liking so you can enjoy an evening there and then the other 2 nights are just elsewhere running around. 

9 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So no female act can ever perform on that stage then as a headliner. Wait til you get a load of Taylor Swift and how exacting that set would be. Would be more calculated and rigid than Dua's.

Beyonce was very good when she played. This for me didn't work though. It felt very flat from the bits I saw in comparison. 

Taylor Swift could have played this year surely? I'm sure they asked her given she's been over here last few weeks. Probably not enough money in it for her now though.

Edited by Benjsh