Glastonbury 2024 - Home Edition

st dan

Just now, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Beyond baffled how anyone could enjoy this. For the fifth time. 

For us oldies it's the 5th time. Incredibly some of the audience weren't even born when they did their first one and probably too young to remember the next few. 

I totally get going see Coldplay if it's your first Glasto. I have been there and got the t-shirt so wouldn't do it again. Skipped it in 2016 and went to LCD and had the best night.

Just now, Benjsh said:

For us oldies it's the 5th time. Incredibly some of the audience weren't even born when they did their first one and probably too young to remember the next few. 

I totally get going see Coldplay if it's your first Glasto. I have been there and got the t-shirt so wouldn't do it again. Skipped it in 2016 and went to LCD and had the best night.

Their gigs are very instagrammable........

2 minutes ago, Vidsidasta said:

Sad thing is, they do this whole “restarting the song and asking people to put their phones away” every night. Doesn’t really work when it’s being broadcast worldwide by the BBC

Yep, exactly the blame in Berlin 2 years ago.

1 minute ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Their gigs are very instagrammable.......

*Shudders*

Ain't that the sad truth though. Social media is mostly awful in general but for gigs and festivals it's especially awful. 

2 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

*Shudders*

Ain't that the sad truth though. Social media is mostly awful in general but for gigs and festivals it's especially awful. 

I actually think without the lighty uppy wristbands they would sell substantially less tickets over the last 10 years.

They have one trick but its a hell of a trick.

3 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

Never ceases to amaze me how cool it is to hate Coldplay. 

Their first few albums save them in my humble opinion. Most people who now 'hate' them definitely liked those early records. Parachutes and Rush of Blood are brilliant pieces of work.

• Like 1