Glastonbury 2024 - Home Edition

st dan

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

she was supposed to headline Other on Friday night instead of Idles. So they decided to elevate her. Not total desperation but they made lemonade out of lemons. Its the risk you run when you wanted Madonna. And since they book acts so late you run out of options

According to her BBC interview she was booked in November 2022

Edited by airwaves
Mistyped

Just now, st dan said:

All in all a great headline set i would say - but if it had carried on like the first 45 mins and they just played their greatest hits without the ‘strange’ periods, then it could have been a headliner for the ages - up there with the very best. 

Exactly this. They were six under par after 9 and then hit 5 or 6 balls into the water.

Edited by Drums Please Fab

1 hour ago, Benjsh said:

Pretty much! Love them or hate them Cold Play and Glasto headline slots just work don't they? 

I think this should be 5th and last time though personally. As good as the show they put on is.....we've seen it so many times now. 

Personally I would say if they can release another couple of hits over the next few years then give it 5 years is so and they can come back, and that’s coming from someone who wouldn’t call themselves a Coldplay fan. Few acts produce that level of headline performance and accessibility these days, despite the second half dipping a bit