Glastonbury 2024 - Home Edition

st dan

Just now, scmusic said:

Looks like a pretty good-sized crowd at Justice to be fair

Always would have been anyway and even more so with the utter arse water of a line up. 

Looks like a great time again too like 2017. Wish I was there. 

4 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Yep. Avril or Simz headlining. Keane as the replacement sub if it was the latter. Done. 

7 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

I really don’t know what’s up with the sound, has seemed fine all weekend

Don’t know a lot about SZA tbf but this does seem like a bad headliner choice.

Was the same at Primavera. Sang bits and pieces of her songs. Loads of call and response with the crowd. Backing track etc.

I like some of her songs but its a clear swing and a miss.

Just now, Tartan_Glasto said:

I’d be worried that other American artists will be like “nah, I saw what happened with SZA, I’ll pass”

Nah. But it might mean they go back to refusing to risk bump up headliners and we’ll be back to a 2015 situation where they desperately scratch around for literally any meat and potatoes act remotely available. 

1 minute ago, verrymerry said:

London Grammar are just wonderful. Will switch to The National in a bit

I was going to watch a bit of London Grammar then switch to the National, but think im going to stick with London Grammar to the end, perfet act to end the festival, will catch up on the National tomorrow

1 minute ago, verrymerry said:

London Grammar are just wonderful. Will switch to The National in a bit

I caught the first 30 mins or so. Brilliant band and I'd wager most of the people at Glasto are more familiar with their songs than SZA. 

Emily has had an absolute shocker. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

Double checking: SZA was originally headlining Other but then got bumped when Madonna fell through, and Idles took her original slot? Atleast, that's what I remember was being sleuthed at the time.

I think almost definitely what happened, the Idles and Fontaines clash just seems crazy to me otherwise as they have such an overlapping fanbase

16 minutes ago, danwink said:

Bumping Little Simz up to headliner would surely have been a more popular choice?

She's exactly the kind of artist they would have popped up in recent years and no doubt would have had a very decent crowd.

Little Simz would have had an even smaller crowd than SZA.

Not sure what bubble some people on here are in..... 

4 minutes ago, Semprini said:

The amazing light show Justice have doesn't translate fully on TV but the tunes are great and they're the perfect way to finish the weekend off in style!

Going to see them at Field Day and can't wait to experience it from the crowd.

the noise from the speakers was bone rattling the time I seen them. Between that and the lights it was so transgressive. But in a cool way.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

I caught the first 30 mins or so. Brilliant band and I'd wager most of the people at Glasto are more familiar with their songs than SZA. 

Emily has had an absolute shocker. 

Tbf anyone who saw London Grammar’s crowd at the APE day they co-headlined the other year would certainly have come to the conclusion their popularity had past its peak. Great band but not sure how they’ve managed to get a bigger crowd than a Pyramid headliner 😄 

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

Little Simz would have had an even smaller crowd than SZA.

Not sure what bubble some people on here are in..... 

hmmm not sure about that one, agree it wouldn’t be a big crowd but think Little Simz is bigger here, no?

admit I don’t have my finger on the pulse with music so could be wrong there!