• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Latest Activity

• There was a real sense of enthusiasm & even excitement in the country when Blair won in 1997 and all he had to do to win successive elections was to keep hold of that, which he broadly did (until Iraq)   I don't sense much of that that enthusiasm (& absolutely no excitement) about  Starmer's win - he has to try and generate that whilst trying to sort out the mess he has been left. If the Tories carry on squabbling & Reform continue taking a significant share of the right wing vote - that might be enough to get him a second term. However if the Tories sort themselves out & appear to be a credible alternative government & reform fade away then Starmer will really have to deliver noticeable improvement  which will be tough considering the constraints he has imposed on himself. Believe it or note, I genuinely hope he succeeds as a half decent Labour government is always better than any Tory government (& that still appears to be the  choice under the crazy voting system we insist on retaining.)
    • I mean, there is an argument that Starmer made Labour more electable in seats they needed to win, and because of our silly electoral system, that's very important.    But this isn't a "in power for a generation" landslide, mainly because of the fragility of so many seats. Labour have to govern very very well to have a significant majority after the next election.
    • Another amazing dance-heavy festival. Saw very few bands. My hightlight was probably Faithless in the Glade. The atmosphere at the front was bouncing to say it was early on. We only hor the tickets in the resale, so a rushed build up this year but I had kept tabs on this thread all year - it's the best!   Wednesday we bumbled around the SEC. Sat at the Stone Circle until 8/9am     Thursday - Sportsbanger for Ewan McVicor and DJ f**koff where the crowd was good but the Mc sucked. Then it was good to get back to the original Genosys for DJ Tennis/Demi Riquisimo which was good. Really looked forward to Dixon at San Remo but it was unbearbale busy inside, lasted 40minutes but left when you couldn't lift a shoulder, let alone dance - the music was spot on. Headed to Silver Heyes to confirm Levels was full for Dove, watched Almass Badat b2b Arthi (me neither?!?) on lonely heart which was fun then headed back to San Remo for Job jobse. The crowd went right back up the hill, music was exactly what I wanted to hear but it was too quiet being far away. Early night at 3/4am.   Fri - my wife arrived at 4pm. Confidence Man for the cheese. Then Glade for K-class which was really good. Must have gone somewhere before returning for Faithless which was one of highlights of the festival, like K-Class the crowd front right were bouncing.   Danced with friends in the Dome for P-RALLEL then had a heartbreaking moment as my friends went Arcadia for HAAI/KI-KI and the Mrs' choice was BICEP. We got in early, had loads of space at the front, personally didn't enjoy it as much as West Holts 2022. Couldnt understand the music stopping (since reading a medical emergency on here) 3 steps back into what we presumed must have been a crush, from space seemed daft at the front, 3 steps forward. Afterwards we headed to Unfairground for Azyr which was banging! Then platform 23 before the Mrs had enough.    Sat - Assembly for four hours, Job Jobse into HAAI/Saoirse - not the best ive heard from them all but dancing in the sun was a winner with a good crowd. Went SEC, then long walk to Eric Prydz got 30mins before walking back to SEC! Couldnt get into the music for Dj Stingray at IICON, so headed to Genosys for a dance then people watched near Arrivals for a good while. Ended up walking Mrs to PedC then back to the stone circle until 10am!   Sunday - a good hour at Craig Richards Fabric 25 whilst the Mrs watched Avril with a friend. Met some very sound people. Glade for one of the best sets all weekend Logic1000 then a little Groove Armada. Last drop of dance was the end of JUSTICE which sounded amazing from the back. Sunday evening is always early for us with a long drive early Monday, we left around 12am   Such a good year but I didnt get to craft/healing/crossiant/green futures/tipi/nothing in theatre/acoustic/woodies/levels or my favourite venue Temple...    Apologies for the long read! Hopefully the ticket gods smile on us in October!  20240628_220615.mp41719953584500_1.mp4
    • Feels like it gets worse every year people yapping and yelling over the music rather than actually shutting up and enjoying it. Tends to happen when people turn up an act early for a good spot in the next one. Which for me I noticed for Noname (before Sugarbabes? And LCD (before Dua).   Anyone else notice this or are bothered by it or am I alone? 
    • I'd assume not, just Kasabian now I think! 
  • Featured Products

• Hot Topics

• Latest Tourdates