Oasis

chew the fat

27 minutes ago, Narnia said:

I guess it's worth trying both at the same time and see which is quickest to get through to but do you think the code will be spent as soon as it's entered into Ticketmaster website even before actually finding and paying for the tickets? 

Not sure tbh, would hope at purchase as otherwise people would be very upset about losing their codes when there are browser/server crashes 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dumbsaints said:

Not sure tbh, would hope at purchase as otherwise people would be very upset about losing their codes when there are browser/server crashes 

Yes I was thinking the same about the crashes!

Hope it goes as smoothly as possible for everyone

BTW has anyone used the DICE app before? I have used it a couple of times and thought what a great way to avoid touts. The barcodes are within the app, only visible a couple of hours beforehand and can only be resold via said app prior to it being activated. I wonder if/when it will become more widely used?

1 minute ago, Narnia said:

BTW has anyone used the DICE app before? I have used it a couple of times and thought what a great way to avoid touts. The barcodes are within the app, only visible a couple of hours beforehand and can only be resold via said app prior to it being activated. I wonder if/when it will become more widely used?

Used it myself but such limited gigs are on it its rarely an option for the type of thing I'm looking for 

2 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

I have a code! Hoping for Cardiff opening night. Let's aavvve it!

I think a lot of people will go for the Friday as it’s the first one. And will then be disappointed when a Cardiff gig gets added on the Wednesday before.

Would imagine the reselling will cancel the tickets though. Have had rolling qr codes in the past from ticketmaster thst cannot be passed on to anyone else (unless you let someone else log into your ticketmaster account for the duration).

2 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Would imagine the reselling will cancel the tickets though. Have had rolling qr codes in the past from ticketmaster thst cannot be passed on to anyone else (unless you let someone else log into your ticketmaster account for the duration).

I fecking hope so and I hope they don't get a refund either.

6 minutes ago, danmarks said:

They didn't cancel them for Taylor and they won't for this either.

The only time Ticketmaster cancels tickets is if people have bought more than they're allowed to.  I have experience of this.

Edited by doogie

2 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

I'm very willing to be wrong, because I do really like Oasis. But I think that to be "seminal" you have to be innovating and influential. Oasis didn't do anything new, or change the landscape of music. They just followed a well-trodden path, and did their thing well.

The definition that pops up on Google is:

strongly influencing later developments.

This is right.

The rampant mis-use of the word seminal is one of my personal bugbears. It is not simply a synonym for influential (which Oasis definitely are) but rather the influence of later developments, which Oasis definitely have not done.

Good musical examples would be Kraftwerk made seminal electronic music, or the Stooges were a seminal punk band. But it seems most people use it as a synonym for 'really good'.

Although that is dying out now in favour of iconic, which is a little more accurate but is so overused it winds me up just as much.

5 minutes ago, doogie said:

That's my understanding.  Four per household per show.

Looks like it’s a maximum of 4 tickets per code :

What Is The Ticket Limit?

For the presale, a maximum of 4 per code. For the general sale, a maximum of 4 per household for each show applies. Please note that Companion tickets are included within the total ticket limit.
Tickets in excess of this will be cancelled.

3 hours ago, chatty said:

Dunno why anyone's arsed about this. It's clearly one of two things and probably both. 

I can't say for sure but the fella looks about as camp as can be and highlights a load of homophobic stuff they said in the 90s so clearly has a personal issue with them, which is fair enough, but makes you a sh*t person to choose to write about them. 

Secondly, it's f**king great click bait so brings up the numbers coming through the website as it's been shared all over. You'll see loads of this over the next year, mostly from clueless people who just wanna generate traffic. 

Oasis were always pretty divisive so no surprise they still are and will continue to be. 

“Camp as can be” - really??