Oasis

chew the fat

51 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Sometimes its not about the body of work/music released but the what the band does with stardom, how they present themselves to fans and how fans react to them. 

Maybe you have a point. But if it's not about the music and they're not seminal musicians, what are they? Fashion icons? Cultural icons? Just plain old celebs?

To me, style wise, they're just followers of the Madchester scene, heavily influenced by The Stone Roses and the like. Antic-wise they're tame compared to the punks before them (silly feuds with Robbie Williams etc).

They're very "of their time" and the timing of this tour is brilliant for those of us of a certain age who want to re-live their glory days. But taking a step back, are they gamechangers in any way?

Finally bagged some general admission standing tickets for my son. If at first it says there's no tickets available for general admission, keep going, it told me solid for 5 minutes there were none, then bang 4 were available.

Still what an absolute nightmare 

13,000 ahead of me at 9am, got tickets at 10.54.

2 minutes ago, rockgodbob said:

Finally bagged some general admission standing tickets for my son. If at first it says there's no tickets available for general admission, keep going, it told me solid for 5 minutes there were none, then bang 4 were available.

Still what an absolute nightmare 

13,000 ahead of me at 9am, got tickets at 10.54.

hoping this happens for us, got on the ticket page maybe 30 mins ago... hoping someone else's payment or something cancels and some pop up and its me how gets them!!

35 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

watching the people on reddit just discovering that dynamic pricing is a thing is incredible. 

It's clearly not as widespread public knowledge among ticket buying fans as I thought.

Take it Ticketmaster added this feature for the Oasis tour? To no doubt many people's sheer horror.