Oasis

chew the fat

Managed to get through on seetickets a couple of times and sort my family and friends out. They got a lot of stick on here but in my opinion they are 1000x times better than Ticketmaster. Their process is more frustrating with the refreshing and the fact that they completely crashed for the first 2 hours. But ticketmaster is just complete nonsense with the dynamic pricing and the way it kicks people out of queues. Seetickets at least appears to reward people who try really hard whereas ticketmaster appears to punish them

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

SO yes, they are at fault. 

Fighting a losing battle ..fans will defend them to the end, will make excuses for everything they do and say ...too big to be held to account 

35 minutes ago, Havors said:

It's 6 hours and not sold out... people are... 

It's live nation by the way... the info when you click the i button says the event organiser has increased price to match market value. 

Absolute c**ts. If I was the band I'd be on the phone to them ripping their fans off

Has anyone sent Liam a message about it?

7 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Hopefully the bad PR will make TM rethink things but all they care about is money so doubtful.

Ticketmaster will rethink nothing unless the government forces them to. They’ve been running this model in the states for years.

6 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Do people think Noel and Liam really read through the small print of the contracts? This will be on their management, promoters and Ticketmaster. Unfortunately they’re not Robert Smith although I could see Liam trapping off on Twitter.

Hopefully the bad PR will make TM rethink things but all they care about is money so doubtful.

artists choose their own level of involvement. The thing is will they get asked about this in interviews and see what their reaction is? Or if Liam will tell people? They can claim ignorance but they knew this was gonna be bonkers. These numbers were still capped or did they go higher while I was asleep?

They likely got told about the reselling thing and felt that was ok to do and such. Remember that the tickets in the presale didnt go up in cost. The system is set up to go higher when its near the end of an onsale when a sellout is close. Its the reverse of north america.

Dynamic and platinum kicks in within 5 minutes here, not 90 minutes later. Theyre only wringing the hands of a couple thousand people in the uk vs an entire venue in the states. Watch when the next dates go up for NA. 

and yeah, the lads got the figure of payment and agreed and then its the promoters job to make the figure a reality. 

7 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

Managed to get through on seetickets a couple of times and sort my family and friends out. They got a lot of stick on here but in my opinion they are 1000x times better than Ticketmaster. Their process is more frustrating with the refreshing and the fact that they completely crashed for the first 2 hours. But ticketmaster is just complete nonsense with the dynamic pricing and the way it kicks people out of queues. Seetickets at least appears to reward people who try really hard whereas ticketmaster appears to punish them

Agree with everything you say here

Genuinely think we should all use this opportunity to write to our MPs asking them to ban dynamic pricing. There has never been as much publicity about a ticket sale as there has been about todays (it was the main headline on the lunch time news fgs) so if we’re ever going to get traction on this, now is the time! 

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

No, I got through on TM but I wasn’t paying £365 for a £150 ticket. I don’t need to see them that much and more dates will probably be announced anyway.

Same for a mate of mine. Good luck if there are more dates, or even a warm-up somewhere small 👍

Just got in on g&t picked tickets and gone before I could check out 😡

Now back on the holding page 

Edited by modey

10 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Even the daily fail are outraged about it too 

Theyre pretending to because they cant sit there and say "this is how it is" and sound callous. And they want the clicks.

14 minutes ago, clarkete said:

"Oasis Fans Face Crashes, Bots and Dynamic Pricing as Reunion Tickets Go On Sale"
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/oasis-reunion-tickets-crashes-bots-dynamic-pricing-1235093195/ 

image.png.ff08d8856372e35f2ffd5929a801e188.png

If it was really a ton of bots then those queue numbers wouldve been higher like Dublin was. That mightve been a strategy on TM's part. If they had one sale happen an hour sooner then they could really see the demand and then enact the queue to the queue to throttle everyone else. If each queue was 500,000 on Tm  during the uk onsale time then the website wouldnt have worked at all. 

First time posting but long time lurker. Honestly has annoyed me so much this dynamic pricing after people have waited so long in queues today. Luckily managed to get ours on G&T but Ticketmaster need to get stopped from doing this. Absolute scum bags. Although I’m not surprised as I used to work there and they took 5% of everyone’s wage during Covid to “save jobs” then point blanked refused to give it back to everyone when they made loads of redundancies regardless. Artists need to put a stop to it, disgraceful.

5 minutes ago, AH1983 said:

First time posting but long time lurker. Honestly has annoyed me so much this dynamic pricing after people have waited so long in queues today. Luckily managed to get ours on G&T but Ticketmaster need to get stopped from doing this. Absolute scum bags. Although I’m not surprised as I used to work there and they took 5% of everyone’s wage during Covid to “save jobs” then point blanked refused to give it back to everyone when they made loads of redundancies regardless. Artists need to put a stop to it, disgraceful.

artist can decide to activate this or not. 

I found who was f**king with the servers 

IMG_3009.jpeg

• Like 1