Oasis

chew the fat

Are there any tickets still available on See / G&T? I’m still in the refresh loop that started at 9am. Ticketmaster deemed me a bot after 2hrs in the queue. 

it’s strange more dates haven’t been announced, I had expected a quick sell out then a load of extra dates come up. This can’t be it, surely?!

I got in G&T and random tickets kept coming up so I don’t think it’s completely sold out, just can’t get though to get them 

Been into See a few times this afternoon. Allows tickets to be selected for most places, but won’t actually allocate them. I tried for 2 or 4…might have better luck for single tickets. Can’t get back to ticket page at the mo though!

2 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Seetickets only showing  Cardiff as sold out anyone had any recent luck?

Just got through for Cardiff on TM for the third time but still only dynamic prices available.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

More likely that other sellers will adopt it rather than TM stopping it.

I’m not sure other sellers can afford the adverse publicity. Haven’t TM got something like 70% of the market? They can take the hit and it will hardly affect them.

1 minute ago, MilkyJoe said:

I’m not sure other sellers can afford the adverse publicity. Haven’t TM got something like 70% of the market? They can take the hit and it will hardly affect them.

If the bands/promoters are looking to profit from the practice, and it becomes accepted, then the other ticket agencies will pretty much have to follow or miss out on selling tickets for sought after gigs entirely. If a promoter is getting 200% of face value from Ticketmaster, or 100% of face value from See, then they're going to shift all of the tickets to Ticketmaster no matter how much it stinks.

5 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

And being part of the same company that owns Live Nation, Festival Republic and all of the Academy Music venues means that the others will live on scraps anyway 

10 minutes ago, Cherrytree13 said:

So what about the new dates that they’re going to announce? Any idea when they’ll go up for sale? Not sure I can take another Saturday like for a while.

At this point I think they can have it be tomorrow. They let this finish and add the dates. I dont think they want to wait a week and let the news cycles eat them up and make the following onsales a revolt. They have everyone where they want them and its surprising that they didnt open the next batch of hope for everyone. Genius movie to have this a saturday cause they knew it would take all day.

Its been a painful day. The promoters seemed to have done a great job this week building the hype, event of next summer, etc. but many of the people I know who wanted to go have fallen a bit flat with it after today. 

Website crashes, holding pages 8 hours in to the sale, dynamic pricing, people getting kicked out of queues after waiting hours, getting through to select tickets then they are unavailable. All a bit of a shambles and for the prices they are selling tickets for people just can't be ar*sed with it. 

Lets hope there's easier opportunities to get some tickets sometime in the future. 

3 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Just on gigs and tours main oasis page. Showing sold out both Cardiff dates and all Scotland dates. Doesn’t say sold out for any heaton park or Wembley dates so still tickets out there.

Helpful info! I’ll keep trying 🙂

4 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Just on gigs and tours main oasis page. Showing sold out both Cardiff dates and all Scotland dates. Doesn’t say sold out for any heaton park or Wembley dates so still tickets out there.

I haven't even been able to get onto that page!

18 minutes ago, Chef said:

Its been a painful day. The promoters seemed to have done a great job this week building the hype, event of next summer, etc. but many of the people I know who wanted to go have fallen a bit flat with it after today. 

Website crashes, holding pages 8 hours in to the sale, dynamic pricing, people getting kicked out of queues after waiting hours, getting through to select tickets then they are unavailable. All a bit of a shambles and for the prices they are selling tickets for people just can't be ar*sed with it. 

Lets hope there's easier opportunities to get some tickets sometime in the future. 

That's a fair summary I think and I say that as someone whose neutral about it, but many folks have clearly been through the mill.

Wonder when they will announce the support line up. Wouldn’t be mad if this was true, going Manchester and Courteeners would be a very uninspiring choice. Fontaines doing all the dates feels like exactly the sort of choice they should be making.

IMG_6733.jpeg