Oasis

chew the fat

11 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I’ll word it better; I am not surprised they’ve sold it all. I think they announce more in the coming week and we get this again..

But, what is a shambles is the dynamic pricing nonsense (but more fool div’s like me who paid out for more than double the actual face value), and the fact Glastonbury can shift 200k tickets in less than an hour on ONE website, and this has dragged out for 9.5 currently over multiple with absolute no tweets/updates/helpful info 😂

When people pay it, it will continue to be a thing. 

You can't complain about dynamic pricing and then use it to grab a ticket!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Ticketmaster will rethink nothing unless the government forces them to. They’ve been running this model in the states for years.

Surely its more the responsibility of the band and the promoter rather than the government forcing it. Dynamic pricing doesn't need to be a thing if the band and promoter are happy with everyone paying the face value. Its simple, a band chooses Ticketmaster if they want dynamic pricing or Seetickets (or most other sellers) if they dont. The choice is theirs. If they dont like it, dont use Ticketmaster, simple  Admittedly they might increase the face value to start off with if they know demand will far exceed supply, but at least everyone who knows the process and will pay the same price whatever. We need to look at the band/promoter rather than ticketmaster or the government, there are plenty of selling sites thy could use which dont use dynamic pricing if the and really wanted to stamp out dynamic pricing. But they choose not to

10 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Well you can, If you enter a queue with information of what ticket prices will be. On arriving at the checkout, you’re met with no option but to pay over the odds because the prices have changed. 

So my options are refuse to pay and cut my nose to spite my face and someone else pays it so no point is made. Close the window and attempt to get tickets on an alternative site which didn’t seem to start selling tickets until 3 hours into the sale.

17 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Absolutely this. I got in for Cardiff 4 times in the end and couldn’t take a ticket at those prices.

4 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Surely its more the responsibility of the band and the promoter rather than the government forcing it. Dynamic pricing doesn't need to be a thing if the band and promoter are happy with everyone paying the face value. Its simple, a band chooses Ticketmaster if they want dynamic pricing or Seetickets (or most other sellers) if they dont. The choice is theirs. If they dont like it, dont use Ticketmaster, simple  Admittedly they might increase the face value to start off with if they know demand will far exceed supply, but at least everyone who knows the process and will pay the same price whatever. We need to look at the band/promoter rather than ticketmaster or the government, there are plenty of selling sites thy could use which dont use dynamic pricing if the and really wanted to stamp out dynamic pricing. But they choose not to

wanna know something, thats happened and strangely enough the press tried to overhype it and it didnt work. Billie Eilish's tour had "honest pricing". It was a bit higher than normal. It is also in 360. They were trying to say she was greedy and a money grab and those O2 shows were not sold out but theyre pretty much sold out with 6 months to go. Casual fans will say "yeah! She is a bad person for asking for all that money!". When she purposefully didnt really do that. And in a 360 configuration the value of seats change anyway. Nobody gets a bad view. If more major artists priced tickets this way then you would upset a lot of people.

Because again, psychologically its a different situation. If a ticket costs £50 and you were willing to pay that then you do it. If the same ticket was only available via resale at triple the cost and you  purchased it, that means yoi were willing to pay the perceived markup by the reseller. Try that from the start and more people back off. Cant sell a ticket for £150 and expect loads to buy it. They want "cheap" and then will consider their resale options after because the starting face value wasnt as high. And then you get into the argument as to why artists dont make tickets more expensive so they just get that money. Its cause of what I just said. Its all optics. Go read the trades and see the statistics about how many tickets Live Nation has sold in a year and their revenue growth. Its all tied into platinum and dynamic oricing now. They  got an extra %40 in money because of it. Its the only way they see profits now anyway.

I got seats for Edinburgh on the Tuesday. Going to try and get standing over the next few months then sell the seats. 

I'd be very surprised if they don't add more dates. No midweek gig scheduled between Cardiff and Manchester. Also potential to add an extra night midweek at Wembley and Edinburgh. 

20 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

wanna know something, thats happened and strangely enough the press tried to overhype it and it didnt work. Billie Eilish's tour had "honest pricing". It was a bit higher than normal. It is also in 360. They were trying to say she was greedy and a money grab and those O2 shows were not sold out but theyre pretty much sold out with 6 months to go. Casual fans will say "yeah! She is a bad person for asking for all that money!". When she purposefully didnt really do that. And in a 360 configuration the value of seats change anyway. Nobody gets a bad view. If more major artists priced tickets this way then you would upset a lot of people.

Because again, psychologically its a different situation. If a ticket costs £50 and you were willing to pay that then you do it. If the same ticket was only available via resale at triple the cost and you  purchased it, that means yoi were willing to pay the perceived markup by the reseller. Try that from the start and more people back off. Cant sell a ticket for £150 and expect loads to buy it. They want "cheap" and then will consider their resale options after because the starting face value wasnt as high. And then you get into the argument as to why artists dont make tickets more expensive so they just get that money. Its cause of what I just said. Its all optics. Go read the trades and see the statistics about how many tickets Live Nation has sold in a year and their revenue growth. Its all tied into platinum and dynamic oricing now. They  got an extra %40 in money because of it. Its the only way they see profits now anyway.

Yes, thats all true. No doubt it would have sold out today as well if the face value of a standing ticket was £200 or £250, not £150. Tickets will go to those who have the deepest pockets now rather than than the folks who cant. Similar to premiership football really. Thank god Eavis doesnt follow the same philosophy otherwise tickets would be £600+ each year. But if the band genuinely wanted 'real fans' to go and be fair to all then they could still sell for £150 and forfeit the extra £50 they could have got. But thats business I suppose, but bands shouldnt be preaching about fair pricing if they are happy for their tickets to go to the highest bidder ultimately via ticketmaster

1 minute ago, grassman said:

Has anyone used Twickets successfully before?

I've used it, it's great but you have to be shithot for stuff like this. 

2 minutes ago, grassman said:

Yes, and it worked really well, you just pay the twickets fee on top of the face value of the tickets. The problem is you will have millions trying so they will get bought out within seconds, and why would most people sell on twickets when they can get far more from other websites

2 minutes ago, grassman said:

Yep last yer for billy joel at hyde park 

Bit apprehensive tbh but all worked out fine ,i magine there will be few tix nearer the time

What is surprising about today is the fact that tickets took so long to sell out. We know See had big technical problems early on so I presume the other See guises (g&t / ents) had the same issues. Perhaps a lot of people did actually refuse to pay TM’s prices until it was apparent that they had to or miss out. I do suspect it was sold out way before they announced it apart from the odd person getting in due to failed payments and whatnot. At least with the Glasto sale you’re told instantly when tickets have sold out. 

9 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Any substantial rumours for support acts? What's the origin of the poster with Fontaines and different local supports on the previous pages?

Blossoms all but confirmed for Manchester. I'm hoping for Fontaines at Wembley. They have supported Liam in the past and are band of the moment so in with a good chance I reckon. Kasabian is also rumoured.

• Like 1