Oasis

chew the fat

It would be interesting to know how many codes there were for the presale. They did guarantee codes for fans already signed up to their mailing list prior to the tour being announced. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be linked to previous mailing lists, just the one that was set up in April. I suspect that was still a lot of people that were on the new mailing list and were automatically sent codes in the ballot. I haven't heard that the dynamic pricing was set up for the presale.

25 minutes ago, Dales said:

If they are forced to advertise it on the sale they will comply, but I really struggle to understand why concert tickets should be treated different to taxi fares, air fares etc from a business point of view. Ticketmaster would need to have a completely incompetent legal team to not be able to argue that they should not be treated differently to other sectors.

It should be treated differently because the ticket price is surely on the tickets. Hotel/flight prices fluctuate according to supply and demand which is understandable as there’s no fixed price. Tickets are another matter. If that’s the route they want to go down there shouldn’t be a price on them in the first place.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Narnia said:

It would be interesting to know how many codes there were for the presale. They did guarantee codes for fans already signed up to their mailing list prior to the tour being announced. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be linked to previous mailing lists, just the one that was set up in April. I suspect that was still a lot of people that were on the new mailing list and were automatically sent codes in the ballot. I haven't heard that the dynamic pricing was set up for the presale.

I reckon because dynamic pricing came in at bit later on Saturday, not immediately at 9am, that the pre sale didn't have enough people with codes to trigger it. 

9 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

It should be treated differently because the ticket price is surely on the tickets. Hotel/flight prices fluctuate according to supply and demand which is understandable as there’s no fixed price. Tickets are another matter. If that’s the route they want to go down there shouldn’t be a price on them in the first place.

The price you pay is the price on the 'ticket' but as there is no physical ticket, just a QR or Bar Code on your account there is nothing preprinted to put  aprice on.

So any sold at Dynamic Prices will show those prices on the persons account and thus that is the ticket price. That is exactly how hotel and flight bookings work as well. You only get the price you paid when you get the confirmation/ticket.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Dales said:

My biggest take from all this is that in future very few people can complain that they don't know about dynamic pricing. It has had so much coverage, you can assume that everyone should not be surprised when they encounter it while buying concert tickets next time.

There's no such thing is bad publicity. It's effectively been a big launch for dynamic pricing and it's got the concept out there for all to understand. Quietly, TM are probably happy with the situation as its most likely speeded up the spread of the concept. The next time its offered to an artist they may well think, well if its good enough for Oasis?

If they are forced to advertise it on the sale they will comply, but I really struggle to understand why concert tickets should be treated different to taxi fares, air fares etc from a business point of view. Ticketmaster would need to have a completely incompetent legal team to not be able to argue that they should not be treated differently to other sectors.

I agree for Ticketmaster it’s a success because people have (in general) moaned but paid the additional fee. The company will only fear publicity if it hits their bottom line.

I have heard a few politicians interviewed and rather than the concept of dynamic pricing, the only concern only seems to be related about the lack of transparency about pricing at the start of the process. I think this probably gets sorted without legislation as companies agree to a price disclaimer to look like they are doing something.

3 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Can we talk about the actual gig now? 😄

Predicted setlist? Greatest hits or some deeper cuts? Surely a few b sides (acquiesce, half world, masterplan)?

The set list could be more controversial then the ticket prices 😄

I think most people will be hoping for a straight forward greatest hots, surely?

8 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Predicted setlist? Greatest hits or some deeper cuts? Surely a few b sides (acquiesce, half world, masterplan)?

This. Please. Now.

Setlist will be ace, just want to make sure there are no hills to negotiate 😉

2 minutes ago, Dales said:

I think most people will be hoping for a straight forward greatest hots, surely?

Kelly from Wigan who only knows Wonderwall will but surely they will throw in a few that weren't straight forward A side chart singles? Although they probably have enough material to  do 100 minutes of just charted singles

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

This. Please. Now.

Setlist will be ace, just want to make sure there are no hills to negotiate 😉

Well I lost all my weight for wedding running up and down the hills at Heaton Park. Would you like a diagram?

23 minutes ago, Dales said:

The interesting thing is that some of the greatest hits that are played the most on the radio are ones like Some Might Say and She's Electric, which weren't played for years before they split up. They did Roll With It on that last tour, but Noel has said he hates it. Would love some of that type to make a comeback, I've loved seeing the lesser played but still popular ones on Liam's Definitely Maybe Tour this year. 

For one that's somewhere in the middle of a hit and deep cut, I'd love All Around the World. And I want Lyla in there 

Ha She's Electric just came on the radio as I finished typing this!

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, Dales said:

My biggest take from all this is that in future very few people can complain that they don't know about dynamic pricing. It has had so much coverage, you can assume that everyone should not be surprised when they encounter it while buying concert tickets next time.

There's no such thing is bad publicity. It's effectively been a big launch for dynamic pricing and it's got the concept out there for all to understand. Quietly, TM are probably happy with the situation as its most likely speeded up the spread of the concept. The next time its offered to an artist they may well think, well if its good enough for Oasis?

Not everyone is a nice as Bob Smith & Paul Heaton and so good to seethem getting  acknowledged again. However, I don't see their good hearts stopping the process in general. I do hope the next time somone knocks the Cure for Bob not engaging with the crowd, that when he matters he stepped up. Fans dont need some one telling them they are  the best or I love yah.

Whats needed is a business legal reason why concert tickets should be treated differently and there is no one. A health and Safety reason would be good. So far I have not seen anyone come up with one other then from a moral point of view, its wrong, poor form, should not do it because they are working class? I assume these are the people who believe they are the best crow so far on the tour or we only do this for you. 

Someone put it very well on another forum re dynamic pricing so I’m just going to take it and put it here. 

“It's not exactly the same model though, because you can choose a different airline or airport to get you to the same destination. But if there's a big gig that's only on sale via TM (or TM have a huge monopoly on the ticket allocation), then you're stuck paying the inflated prices if you wanna go.”

9 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

There's already plenty of sneering on social media about how imaginary women won't enjoy the gig properly. I think it'd be nice if we could avoid that here.

I actually know someone like this personally who got a ticket just so she could say she got a ticket.

The cynic in me just thinks that the set list may be dictated by potential commercial spin-offs. They have a few old compilations that between them cover the singles and other popular songs.

I just think they will be keen to put yet another compilation out leading up to the tour and a live album after. This could work well for fans if they added a few previous little played tunes or would they go solid tunes everyone knows.

Any chance of an old discarded High Flying Bird's that Noel did not use with Liams vocals? Give us "something new"

11 minutes ago, foolee said:

Someone put it very well on another forum re dynamic pricing so I’m just going to take it and put it here. 

“It's not exactly the same model though, because you can choose a different airline or airport to get you to the same destination. But if there's a big gig that's only on sale via TM (or TM have a huge monopoly on the ticket allocation), then you're stuck paying the inflated prices if you wanna go.”

It is the same and they knew what they were doing on this sale and others. Ensure that See/G&T gets tickets to ensure its not a monopoly. TM will ensure they never fall in to the trap of having 100% of the tickets for these tours as much as some of the board might want it, the legal team would highlight the pit falls.

Most Airlines are owned by other Airlines. When they are not part of a group they often team up to restrict tickets,share flight codes so they can all benefit from dynamic pricing to restrict competition. Airlines and Hotels are as bad as if not worse then Ticketmaster. Did TM sell someone a ticket that does not exist and then cancel it? Airlines do that all the time, I am stunned that this is allowed and yet that has not been changed.

I wish Dynamic Pricing was not on concert tickets but when "ticketing is reviewed" it will be by politicians, business people and legal minds. In my opinion they will be looking at it from a legal point of view, simply seeing if they broke any rules.

I get the views on models are different but thats not important the only thing that is for change, is dynamic pricing legal or not legal full stop. No politician will be saying only for hotels and airlines or on Friday or a leap year etc. It will either be allowed or it will not, clearly as its already embedded in so many parts of life, there must be very little appetite by those with influence/power to change it.

I think if there was a genuine legal reason to treat tickets differently, some one would be waving the legislation.

As has been suggested by others the only thing that may work is people power not buying the tickets or boycotting artists or agencies that use dynamic pricing. Again, like others I can't see that happening. We will probably never know, how many dynamic tickets got sold but its not new and so a percentage of ticket buyers are excepting the practice even if its with gritted teeth and venting on social media.

38 minutes ago, foolee said:

There is still the choice not to go which exists however many are selling tickets, those who will pay regardless are effectively feeding the beast. Unfortunately in this situation supply can’t meet demand so it’s inevitable some are disappointed.

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

1519205854_Screenshot_20240902_101401_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.2fb10ea77c4ebd7d09ae5683901d5949.jpg

Probably not realistic and too many songs as i also cant imagine itl get to 2 hours in length to manage Liams voice, but made this after securing tickets at the weekend. I feel like the actual setlist will lean a lot on Definitely maybe and WTSMG given the nostalgia/reunion angle

This would be my Dream Setlist

Swamp Song

Rock n Roll Star

Columbia

Hey Now

Some Might Say

Stand By Me

Headshrinker

The Masterplan

Little By Little

Supersonic

Stop Crying Your heart out

Gas Panic

Cigs & Alcohol

Shock of the Lightning

Half the World Away

Champagne Supernova

-----------------

Acquiesce

Wonderwall

Dont look back in Anger

Live Forever

Springsteen did do a Victor Kiam (that's a ref for the oldies) :-

I’m going, 'Hey, why shouldn’t that money go to the guys that are going to be up there sweating three hours a night for it?'" he told Rolling Stone, external.

"It [dynamic pricing] created an opportunity for that to occur.

"And so at that point, we went for it.

"I know it was unpopular with some fans.

"But if there’s any complaints on the way out, you can have your money back."

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c74jdxle935o

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

This would be my Dream Setlist

Swamp Song

Rock n Roll Star

Columbia

Hey Now

Some Might Say

Stand By Me

Headshrinker

The Masterplan

Little By Little

Supersonic

Stop Crying Your heart out

Gas Panic

Cigs & Alcohol

Shock of the Lightning

Half the World Away

Champagne Supernova

-----------------

Acquiesce

Wonderwall

Dont look back in Anger

Live Forever

Almost perfect to me but would swap out Little By Little. Seen Noel do it loads solo and as a band previous. Rather have All Around The World which I have never seen live.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Its right in the town centre by one of the train stations if I remember correctly. Somehow has buildings all around it

The hills thing with Chris is a Bearded Theory connected 'joke'. We know the stadium in Cardiff well but thanks anyway.