Oasis

chew the fat

3 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Isn’t the legislation regarding football resale more linked to security than cost? Having looked for my son there are definitely sites selling Liverpool tickets at top whack. I suspect with the American taking over football we are more likely to see rules loosened to support them making money rather than a move the other way. Again though a lot of the talk seems to be about how to sort this through legislation, at what stage do the customers take responsibility. They can kill off dynamic pricing today if everyone refuses to pay.

I see what you're saying, but honestly, I think getting legislation through is 1000x more likely than getting everyone to just refuse to pay. And to be clear I think the chances of any legislation happening are absolutely tiny also. 

12 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Almost perfect to me but would swap out Little By Little. Seen Noel do it loads solo and as a band previous. Rather have All Around The World which I have never seen live.

Seen Little By Little a bunch & not seen All around the world since 1997. I would be happy to have that in.

I would keep Liitle By Little in though as it is a monster sing a long, and to make it not 100% 90s.

I've seen the entire setlist of mine live barring Hey Now. (Which is why I really want that in)

Slide Away, Cast No Shadow, Listen Up - Those are the biggest omissions for me from the setlist. They'd be next up, even though Ive seen them live

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

2 hours ago, Dales said:

Whats needed is a business legal reason why concert tickets should be treated differently and there is no one. A health and Safety reason would be good. So far I have not seen anyone come up with one other then from a moral point of view, its wrong, poor form, should not do it because they are working class? I assume these are the people who believe they are the best crow so far on the tour or we only do this for you. 

For a start because they're non-refundable and non-exchangeable. 

For second because there's often limited supply and so people are forced to make a decision in the moment that might be wrong for them.

Now you might say they should just put on their big-boy pants and learn not to be stupid with their own money, and to be honest I'd probably agree with you.

But that doesn't change the fact that there's a reason you have a right in the UK to return most goods bought within 14 days. It's known as a cooling off period and it was a law that was literally introduced to address this exact behaviour, of people being pressured into sales in shops or by getting carried away by online sales. The sort of "book now, tickets will be gone in minutes" sort of pressurised sale is the exact thing that legislation was designed to prevent, but of course concert tickets have long been exempt from said legislation.

Whether you believe or not that government should legislate to keep people safe from themselves, it's inarguable that they have done so in the past, in very similar circumstances.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I see what you're saying, but honestly, I think getting legislation through is 1000x more likely than getting everyone to just refuse to pay. And to be clear I think the chances of any legislation happening are absolutely tiny also. 

You’re probably right and that’s why things won’t change. Not enough are willing to protest in a way which involves personal sacrifice. It’s easy to moan on social media and Ticketmaster will be happy enough if it continues to be all words and no action.

There could easily be legislation, but that will pretty much be making the ticket company specify a maximum price when entering the queue. If such a system had been in place how many would have stopped queuing ? My guess hardly any, so we are talking potential tick box legislation that changes nothing.

2 minutes ago, Sitruc97 said:

Any word on supports for dates other then the Manchester shows?

Would love them to get Slade along for a 20-minute slot on some of the dates... I know Noddy Holder hasn't gigged for about 30 years, but if he's to have one last moment on stage this should be it! (And he's made up with Dave Hill now, so you never know!)

Set List - Purely based on nostalgia, would be happy enough with just songs (inc. b-sides) from the first three albums - not sure they'll play much (if anything!) off Be Here Now, but Stay Young would be good at least.  There's a load of stuff I'd love to hear live, but which are unlikely, such as Step Out, (I Got) The Fever, Rockin' Chair, Round Are Way, It's Gettin' Better (Man!!).

Wondering how popular later songs are with younger fans who don't have the nostalgia attachment of the 90s stuff?  Are we likely to get things like Stop Crying Your Heart Out, Little by Little, Songbird, Gas Panic, Go Let It Out, Lyla, Importance of Being Idle, Shock of the Lightning etc?  And is Stand By Me hugely popular now due to the recent advert?!  To be brutally honest, not bothered about hearing any of those live, even though I like them.

38 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Now you might say they should just put on their big-boy pants and learn not to be stupid with their own money, and to be honest I'd probably agree with you. While, I dont like big state making calls on everything, they do  get voted in to help us. However, is concert tickets  the thing they should be protecting us from? Drugs, Alcohol, Cigs, Vaps, Self-Harm,  Misinformation and other stuff surely should be before concerts ticktes and Airlines selling tickets they do not  have (I  have  a  bee in my bonnet on that  one after British Airways balloted out 6 people for flight  I was booked on to Florence as they expected people to cancel and that never happpened. 

You make a really good point below and if you get a cooling off period for flight tickets, sports events etc then thats somethng that a legal team could push to apply to concert tickets. Equaly, if they do not then thats something TM would use  to not have  a cooling off period.

That pressurised selling goes on in airline websites and hotel sites. Last seat or flight, will be gone in minutes, 2 seats booked in the last minute etc. I don't like it but if its allowed in those sectors

But that doesn't change the fact that there's a reason you have a right in the UK to return most goods bought within 14 days. It's known as a cooling off period and it was a law that was literally introduced to address this exact behaviour, of people being pressured into sales in shops or by getting carried away by online sales. The sort of "book now, tickets will be gone in minutes" sort of pressurised sale is the exact thing that legislation was designed to prevent, but of course concert tickets have long been exempt from said legislation.

Whether you believe or not that government should legislate to keep people safe from themselves, it's inarguable that they have done so in the past, in very similar circumstances.

Its not that I don't believe the that it should be legislated its I just don't see how they ring fence concerts from dynamic pricing  but allow it every where else.

While, I dont like big state making calls on everything, they do  get voted in to help us. However, is concert tickets  the thing they should be protecting us from? Drugs, Alcohol, Cigs, Vaps, Self-Harm,  Misinformation and other stuff surely should be before concerts ticktes and Airlines selling tickets they do not  have (I  have  a  bee in my bonnet on that  one after British Airways balloted out 6 people for flight  I was booked on to Florence as they expected people to cancel and that never happpened. 

You make a really good point below and if you get a cooling off period for flight tickets, sports events etc then thats somethng that a legal team could push to apply to concert tickets. Equaly, if they do not then thats something TM would use  to not have  a cooling off period.

That pressurised selling goes on in airline websites and hotel sites. Last seat or flight, will be gone in minutes, 2 seats booked in the last minute etc. I don't like it but if its allowed in those sector's,

Its not that I don't believe the that it should be legislated its I just don't see how they ring fence concerts from dynamic pricing  but allow it every where else.

Maybe, I am coming across as a fan of dynamic pricing, I'm not I just don't understand the winnable way to get it out concerts. I hope I am wrong and there is away.

Edited by Dales

As awful as it is logistically if affects very few gigs other than top bands that most want to see. And to be frank quite often these end up on 3rd party sites for 3 or 4 times what dynamic pricing brings so does it help stop scalping? However in terms of legislation I'd like to see 3rd party sites completely outlawed. In a way dynamic pricing offers the big ticket companies a stake in making that happen, then legal resale sites can mop up any that people want to sell even if they are 3 times starting price. 

Also when did it become acceptable to charge £150 for a ticket before any dynamic pricing kicks in? Post covid people seem to have lost their marbles when it comes to bucket list bands! 

3 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Can we talk about the actual gig now? 😄

Predicted setlist? Greatest hits or some deeper cuts? Surely a few b sides (acquiesce, half world, masterplan)?

No we can’t. Well not exclusively. I’m going to keep bitching until ticketmaster gives me a ticket for Cardiff. At face value.😁

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

This would be my Dream Setlist

Swamp Song

Rock n Roll Star

Columbia

Hey Now

Some Might Say

Stand By Me

Headshrinker

The Masterplan

Little By Little

Supersonic

Stop Crying Your heart out

Gas Panic

Cigs & Alcohol

Shock of the Lightning

Half the World Away

Champagne Supernova

-----------------

Acquiesce

Wonderwall

Dont look back in Anger

Live Forever

That looks pretty good to me, just finish on I am the Walrus for us old timers.🙏

19 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I just don’t believe that many people have this £150-300 gig budget per year and once used up that’s it. I imagine you will have some who wouldn’t have gone to any gigs if it wasn’t for oasis and most who do will carry on as they would anyway.

I think there are though. There's unquestionably people out there who are just 1/2 gig a year people and some who will limit it to big things like this, just how there were people I spotted who don't normally attend big concerts at the Era Tour.

27 minutes ago, Armourman said:

Also when did it become acceptable to charge £150 for a ticket before any dynamic pricing kicks in? Post covid people seem to have lost their marbles when it comes to bucket list bands! 

There's claims that since covid and the inflation spiral in 2022/23, acts are now charging twice as much to get booked, which is being filtered down in increased prices.

Some acts are taking it to extremes. The Killers' recent dates were way more expensive than their twice-postponed stadium shows in 2022, while Muse went from a sub-£80 standing ticket in 2019 to about £110+ in 2023, which - yikes.

• Like 1

Apparently one of U2's main producers said that the Oasis tour might put U2 off touring Europe next year, or at least doing big stadium shows.

There's surely room for both in the schedule isn't there? Or is the fact Noel Gallagher was U2's main opening act on their last stadium tour enough for them to think there's that big a crossover that there won't be enough people willing to fork out such a whopping ticket price?

Edited by charlierc

25 minutes ago, Armourman said:

As awful as it is logistically if affects very few gigs other than top bands that most want to see. And to be frank quite often these end up on 3rd party sites for 3 or 4 times what dynamic pricing brings so does it help stop scalping? However in terms of legislation I'd like to see 3rd party sites completely outlawed. In a way dynamic pricing offers the big ticket companies a stake in making that happen, then legal resale sites can mop up any that people want to sell even if they are 3 times starting price. 

I'd suggest that the key difference is that with this sale particularly many folks thought they were going in with a certain expectation and set themselves a ceiling of 150-200 or whatever, but then contrary to what folks here may be accustomed to in recent popular sales it went on for many many hours.

In some cases with little if any sign that they were getting anywhere...then they get some page saying that the price is quite a bit higher than any of those they had originally seen listed.  And then some of those who went for it hadn't realised until after purchase that it was exactly the same as the original ticket and with no extra "experience".

Clearly it's a learning opportunity for many buyers, both in terms of the process but you can see why some didn't feel the usual elation one gets for buying a ticket for a show you really want to see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 87 BEANS said:

1519205854_Screenshot_20240902_101401_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.2fb10ea77c4ebd7d09ae5683901d5949.jpg

F****** in the bushes is a good call. I know Liam's used it before but then his used bushes before but I like The Roses - I Am The Resurection. Although, likely to come out to an Oasis song.

I am more curious about what the exit music will be after the encore. It would be cool if they changed it each show to a song they will not play in the set.

Imagine the scenes if the final night of the tour they played "The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle" by the Pistols,

First shot at a dream setlist...

(f**kin In The Bushes Intro)

Rock n Roll Star

Columbia

Acquiesce

Roll With It

She's Electric

Cigarettes & Alcohol

Some Might Say

Go Let it Out

Morning Glory

Gas Panic!

Cast No Shadow (Noel playing acoustic, both Liam & Noel vocals)

Stand By Me

Little by Little

Stop Crying Your Heart Out

The Importance of Being Idle

Slide Away

The Masterplan

Supersonic

Live Forever

Encore 1:

Wonderwall

Let There Be Love

Don't Look Back In Anger

Champagne Supernova

Encore 2:

I Am The Walrus

Already an unrealistic amount of songs, would also love to hear Talk Tonight, Digsy's Dinner, Shakermaker, Half The World Away, Whatever, Married With Children which I couldn't fit in. Hope and expect for a slightly varied setlist for each night. 

Will happily omit the entirety of Dig Out Your Soul. I don't dislike the album, but personally I wouldn't forfeit any of their earlier material for I'm Outta Time, Shock Of The Lighting or Falling Down.

Edited by sildante
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dales said:

F****** in the bushes is a good call. I know Liam's used it before but then his used bushes before but I like The Roses - I Am The Resurection. Although, likely to come out to an Oasis song.

I am more curious about what the exit music will be after the encore. It would be cool if they changed it each show to a song they will not play in the set.

I really like that idea tbh. All around the World would get in there for me definitely.

The Stone Roses did redemption song after their Heaton Park gigs

Hey Jude is always a winner if they wanted something old that everyone knows. Cos it needs to be something everyone can belt out IMO.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Dynamic pricing again.

An e-mail i received from TM after asking the question. What is platinum about a platinum ticket ,other than the higher price ?

I'm still waiting for an answer.

Hi 

Thanks for your email.

I understand that you would like to check the ticket type that you had purchased for the event Oasis.

Upon checking, I can confirm that you have Platinum Tickets for……..

Ticketmaster Platinum tickets are premium tickets made available by artists and Event Organisers through Ticketmaster. They give fans safe and fair access to some of the most in-demand tickets.

• Why are these tickets a higher price than tickets on the main website?

Platinum tickets give fans access to the best tickets while enabling artists and other people involved in staging live events to price tickets closer to their true market value.

• Do I get anything else with my Platinum Tickets?

Platinum Tickets aren’t part of a package, so the price you're paying is just for the tickets.

We hope this clarifies your query. If there's anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to get in touch

If there's anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Sincerely,

Aiza Marie O.

Ticketmaster Fan Support