Oasis

chew the fat

47 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Wow I'd be f**ked off if I was one of those who paid £350+ for a ticket on the dynamic pricing if they now announce 2 more dates at the same venue with prices back at £150. Assuming this will be the case as surely they're not going to sell all tickets for these new dates vs the higher dynamic prices

25 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Wow I'd be f**ked off if I was one of those who paid £350+ for a ticket on the dynamic pricing if they now announce 2 more dates at the same venue with prices back at £150. Assuming this will be the case as surely they're not going to sell all tickets for these new dates vs the higher dynamic prices

On the one hand, I agree it suck’s that some people were left with only the £350 tickets to buy, but on the other, these two shows are gonna be so oversold that the chances of getting tickets will be so slim, especially with them being in a ballot, so at least those £350 ticket people have guaranteed tickets, I suppose. 

I was fortunate enough to get a ticket for the precise gig I wanted - first night at Heaton Park. So, as much as I'd like to see them again, I'll skip the new dates and give someone else a chance. 'Cuz I'm such a nice fella.

On the subject of the gigs themselves... for £150 I hope they do a couple of hours, and for support I think it would be cool to have a nice eclectic mix, a la Knebworth '96 (not that I was there. Mum wouldn't let me.). The line up for those shows was incredible - Manics, Charlatans, Chemical Brothers, Prodigy. And Oasis, of course.

I'd also like to see one or two newer acts, too. Seems like Blossoms are a shoe-in, since their Wythenshawe Park gig technically broke the news first. Everyone has decided that Fontaines DC are incredible because the Guardian says so, but Big Special and/or Kneecap would make me very happy. And I'd love to see the Manics and the Chemical Brothers, although maybe they're too much into their own thing these days.

Edited by FrogStupid
clarity

Just now, Kaboom Boxer said:

It would arguably be less fair if they didn’t use dynamic pricing this time around. 

Yeah they're screwed either way this time round, aren't they? Unless they do a Taylor Swift and refund all those who got suckered by it on Saturday.

Oasis hit out at Ticketmaster's dynamic pricing after backlash - BBC News

In a statement issued to PA Media, the band said: "It needs to be made clear that Oasis leave decisions on ticketing and pricing entirely to their promoters and management."

They added they had "at no time had any awareness that dynamic pricing was going to be used" in the sale of tickets for the initial dates.

On the subject of Saturday's shitshow and 'Dynamic Pricing', according to the NME:

Responding to the complaints over dynamic ticketing, the statement from the band said: “It needs to be made clear that Oasis leave decisions on ticketing and pricing entirely to their promoters and management, and at no time had any awareness that dynamic pricing was going to be used.

“While prior meetings between promoters, Ticketmaster and the band’s management resulted in a positive ticket sale strategy, which would be a fair experience for fans, including dynamic ticketing to help keep general ticket prices down as well as reduce touting, the execution of the plan failed to meet expectations. All parties involved did their utmost to deliver the best possible fan experience, but due to the unprecedented demand this became impossible to achieve.”

2 minutes ago, FrogStupid said:

I think they're a good live act, but I do think they're a little bit overrated. 

I saw them in Berlin in 2022 after initially struggling to get into their first album and they absolutely blew me away. I’ve subsequently fallen in loved with bith of their albums and really like the new one too. All the best bands become overrated eventually, it’s a good sign. 

4 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Absolutely nothing stopping them refunding those who paid the extra money. Otherwise it’s all hot air.

Totally agree. Taylor Swift did it.

And on the subject of Taylor Swift:

I wonder if and when these two new nights sell out, they'll announce one more just to equal her record.

Edited by FrogStupid

16 minutes ago, FrogStupid said:

“While prior meetings between promoters, Ticketmaster and the band’s management resulted in a positive ticket sale strategy, which would be a fair experience for fans, including dynamic ticketing to help keep general ticket prices down as well as reduce touting, the execution of the plan failed to meet expectations. All parties involved did their utmost to deliver the best possible fan experience, but due to the unprecedented demand this became impossible to achieve.”

I mean, that's an understatement.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Narnia said:

Oasis hit out at Ticketmaster's dynamic pricing after backlash - BBC News

In a statement issued to PA Media, the band said: "It needs to be made clear that Oasis leave decisions on ticketing and pricing entirely to their promoters and management."

They added they had "at no time had any awareness that dynamic pricing was going to be used" in the sale of tickets for the initial dates.

IMG_2134.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Oasis's message about dynamic pricing is all bollocks unless they decide to refund the £200 extra the dynamic pricing customers paid. Its their choice, especially if the new dates have all standing tickets at £150. I would be a bit gutted to have bought a ticket for £350 on Saturday only for a mate to now get a ticket by invite for £150 without all the stress of the Saturday car crash. They should have done this ballot thing (all tickets) from the start, I cant see why they didnt do it then if they wanted to keep everything fair to all

12 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Probably another silly question, but does Oasis get a take of overall sales incl. food and drink etc in arenas and stadiums?

I assume not. Dangerous assuming it in case there's been a one/off case like it, but I assumed acts get a flat fee for doing the show and a percentage of merch as the main income from playing live shows.