Oasis

chew the fat

Not sure why you hold Taylor Swift tour in such a high esteem. She had half of their stadiums filled with several "VIP level" tickets that consisted of a normal ticket at 4 times the face value with a poster and a lanyard...

Edited by yosoyyoberdi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, grassman said:

So how exactly are they going to make sure those who tried, but failed to get tickets last time get priority in the ballot? Can they see that in the data? I’d definitely expect to be included on that basis. I was waiting all f**king day!

My guess and its just a guess, is that they invite some of the people who entered the original ballot to be first to have a go in a new ballot? My assumption is that they already have the details of those who registered and know who they sent codes to and whether those codes were used to buy tickets. I could be complety wrong and some how they counted all the people in the que and can or want to use that data. It just seem's easier to use the original registered list and say they are the main group of true fans who they want to give tickets to.

Tickets will be sold by a staggered, invitation-only ballot process. Applications to join the ballot will be opened first to the many UK fans who were unsuccessful in the initial on sale with Ticketmaster. More details to follow.

What is interesting is the use of "opened first" which is why I suspect that they will use the initial registered list and invite people from there and then maybe allow others who never signed up to register and some of them will get invited, maybe later on?

The thing with it being so long after the other dates, you are going to get the same people trying for the September dates aswell as effectively in a group of people only 1 in 4 may have used their code to buy and so there are likely still be 3 from a group able to buy again. i would expect a proportion of tickets to still go to those who are already going but not much they can do about that. I am intrigued to find out who how they will work out who to invite.

A new ballot for some of the allocation may be the way to keep most people happy.

You could also offer face value tickets to those drawn from the original ballot list and do dynamic pricing for those on the new ballot.

12 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Not sure why you hold Taylor Swift tour in such a high esteem. She had half of their stadiums filled with several "VIP level" tickets that consisted of a normal ticket at 4 times the face value with a poster and a lanyard...

The amount of Swift shills on here blows my mind.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Oasis should just have badged more tickets as packages and given out a a bag of junk, it worked for Taylor. I find these packages that actually give you nothing of value as bad or even worse then dynamic pricing.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Oasis had these sort of packages as well.

2 hours ago, grassman said:

So how exactly are they going to make sure those who tried, but failed to get tickets last time get priority in the ballot? Can they see that in the data? I’d definitely expect to be included on that basis. I was waiting all f**king day!

Me too! Waited all day and didn’t get tickets. No luck in ballot either. By the time we made it to the front of the queue there were none left. Given that we had to login to ticketmaster accounts to join the queue I’m thinking they probably have the data of who logged in but didn’t get tickets. Though not sure how they account for people whose friends were successful so got tickets and who may try again. But it would be a place to start.

It'd be very difficult to truly outlaw dynamic pricing. All they'd do is substitute regular tickets for tote bag and a lanyard 'VIP packages' during the course of the sale, assuming they don't do that already.

It certainly seemed like they did during the scramble for Eras tickets.

Edited by doogie

4 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Though not sure how they account for people whose friends were successful so got tickets and who may try again.

And those who failed on Ticketmaster but were successful on See Tickets/Gigs and Tours

On 9/2/2024 at 9:56 AM, Gnomicide said:

Turns out the real problem was that they should have been more expensive in the first place.

1212146768_Screenshot_20240902_094525_BBCNews.thumb.jpg.f132d0385e423c80b2aa15a667d16272.jpg

the problem was the gallaghers were greedy, but their fans find that hard to understand.

10 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

Oasis's message about dynamic pricing is all bollocks unless they decide to refund the £200 extra the dynamic pricing customers paid. Its their choice, especially if the new dates have all standing tickets at £150. I would be a bit gutted to have bought a ticket for £350 on Saturday only for a mate to now get a ticket by invite for £150 without all the stress of the Saturday car crash. They should have done this ballot thing (all tickets) from the start, I cant see why they didnt do it then if they wanted to keep everything fair to all

I suspected this was going to be the outcome from the band and to be honest it is the best response they could have come up with. Plausible denial and all that. I can't see anybody being refunded though. At the end of the day it was their choice whether to cough up the extra 200 quid and they knew that others had only paid 150.

12 hours ago, grassman said:

Is this just an assumption that anyone who had a Ticketmaster account in the UK was either trying for tickets or just looked at the queue out of curiosity counts?

It does seem fairly hard to quantify exactly who counts for this.

15 hours ago, Suprefan said:

To clarify, is 27/28 September the date these ballots go on sale or the date that these shows are scheduled for? Because late September in the UK tends to be the time when any pretence of summer disappears, so I can imagine these shows will be pretty cold and wet.

... though admittedly that's been many people's experience of summer concerts here over the years.

It would have been far easier for the Promotors to just issue refunds to everyone who purchased In Demand tickets so they paid the standard face value.
I have no idea why they did not choose that route rather than this ballot which is so obviously not going to really help those that missed out much more - unless they just love money that much common sense goes out the window.

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

To clarify, is 27/28 September the date these ballots go on sale or the date that these shows are scheduled for? Because late September in the UK tends to be the time when any pretence of summer disappears, so I can imagine these shows will be pretty cold and wet.

... though admittedly that's been many people's experience of summer concerts here over the years.

Wembley does have a roof so that will help - but late Sept we can have frosts or heatwaves - who knows.

On 8/31/2024 at 8:45 AM, CharlotteB said:

That's not fair, I definitely think there are some "seminal" (😂 can't keep a straight face when saying that word) bands and artists post 1980. I just don't see Oasis as one of them. They were big in this country, and a lot of people like their hits. But in a hundred, two hundred years time nobody will talk about them as a band that intrinsically changed anything. The next generation of music would've happened with or without Oasis, and would've been largely the same (because Oasis were largely the same as what came before them).

I might be being strict in my definitions, but I think that's justified. You can't throw an epic word like "seminal" around willy-nilly 😆

It 200 years now one will probably talk about Elvis, The Beatles, Dylan etc. There's a massive amount of adults who are like 18-25 who haven't got a clue who they are now and that's going to continue to become the norm. It'll essentially just be historian's and Uber fans who'll dig into it so I don't think that's a good indicator on who is seminal or not. 

I'd also say that I don't think the next generation would have came about so easy. I mean there's some good bands now, but you have to search for them and if we are honest most of forms of rock based music in the mainstream is pretty much dead. 

Some of the old timers can cause momentary buzzes but very few new bands fail to make an impact beyond have there own cult like following. 

I honestly can see bands like Blossoms getting as much as a hit of being involved in Oasis build up and support as they have with all their hard work getting them where they are today. Well at least I hope so anyway, be nice to have some breaking out into the mainstream again. 

But back to point, I'd say we really only had one generation of bands after Oasis before it died a death per se, and that generation we're massively influenced and rode the coat tails of the Britpop scene. 

7 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Wembley does have a roof so that will help - but late Sept we can have frosts or heatwaves - who knows.

Over the stands, yes. Over the pitch, it doesn't, as I can recall from getting rained on when I saw Muse there in 2010.

Cardiff Millennium/Principality has a roof that does close over the pitch and indeed in December 2005 Oasis did a winter festival there with Foo Fighters opening, but AFAIK I don't think we have any other big stadiums that can become indoor venues like that.

Edited by charlierc

10 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Over the stands, yes. Over the pitch, it doesn't, as I can recall from getting rained on when I saw Muse there in 2010.

Cardiff Millennium/Principality has a roof that does close over the pitch and indeed in December 2005 Oasis did a winter festival there with Foo Fighters opening, but AFAIK I don't think we have any other big stadiums that can become indoor venues like that.

Ah, I thought it closed all the way!

Best folks bring a carrot in case it snows so they have one for their snowperson's nose.

10 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

just go and see a Attribute band save you money

40 minutes ago, charlierc said:

An Oasis tribute called Noasis has already sold out 2 nights at a sweatbox near to me. So even that option might be scarce in some areas.

https://www.trybooking.com/uk/events/landing/57573

OK, it includes a meal but £52 for a tribute band!

And it was announced months ago, well before the Oasis gigs

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Is this just an assumption that anyone who had a Ticketmaster account in the UK was either trying for tickets or just looked at the queue out of curiosity counts?

It does seem fairly hard to quantify exactly who counts for this.

Working from home today and had the TV on listening to the news and Morning Live came on after and they mentioned Oasis, so I left the TV on. There consumer rights/scam expert gave a warning on the danger of being scammed while buying Oasis tickets. He also said the extra date's were going to be offered to those who missed out on the original ballot process. I have no idea, if thats just his interpretation or he actually knows thats the way they are going to do it.

Using the ballot data does seem the logical way to do it as they have the details of everyone who registered. They also know who got issued with a code and whether the code was used to purchase tickets. So would be the obvious way to pick people to invite.

14 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

Oasis's message about dynamic pricing is all bollocks unless they decide to refund the £200 extra the dynamic pricing customers paid. Its their choice, especially if the new dates have all standing tickets at £150. 

Is it there choice? There's a lot of assumptions being made here. Ultimately it's up to the band how much they want to get involved in how things are sold, so it's their choice to that extent. So you have folks like Heaton who get very involved.

But I suspect for this the promoter essentially offered them a fee of £X million for Y performances and they negotiated on that. Then it was down to the promoter to set the price and determine how to sell the tickets. (There may even have been a bidding war between multiple promoters).

I mean, it's down to the band in as much as the prices are generally high because the fee they negotiated would have been high. It's also possible they negotiated a lower fee for these extra dates in exchange for not doing dynamic pricing this time around. But they can't go back and renegotiate the contract they made for the initial dates. It's signed and done.

13 minutes ago, Dales said:

Working from home today and had the TV on listening to the news and Morning Live came on after and they mentioned Oasis, so I left the TV on. There consumer rights/scam expert gave a warning on the danger of being scammed while buying Oasis tickets. He also said the extra date's were going to be offered to those who missed out on the original ballot process. I have no idea, if thats just his interpretation or he actually knows thats the way they are going to do it.

Using the ballot data does seem the logical way to do it as they have the details of everyone who registered. They also know who got issued with a code and whether the code was used to purchase tickets. So would be the obvious way to pick people to invite.

Lots of people who were unsuccessful with the first ballot will have got tickets in the general sale though. How are they going to know that?