Ticket tips and Tricks for 2025 festival

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Got this a few days back...

Screenshot_20241014_173309_X.thumb.jpg.6efb52a6fbce87fbf6e1e8d8cb3a32aa.jpg

I should say for clarity that I don't know for sure that they *are* changing it.

What I do know for certain, is that they've made an underlying change that adds the *ability* to change it (to a queue).

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

So I did wonder based on the wording of the article last week about the 20 seconds https://glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/info/#tickets--how-to-book

image.thumb.png.700d4090f6f3431fb423506f4dda7084.png

But I doubt that means anything...

I think that's just the usual method, though? Limited number have access, you need to refresh at the same time as one becomes available. Which is why manual refreshing improves your chances.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

I should say for clarity that I don't know for sure that they *are* changing it.

What I do know for certain, is that they've made an underlying change that adds the *ability* to change it (to a queue).

Maybe that's part of the Eventim purchase.

Fairly sure Emily's on record as saying the existing system is the fairest method and that's why she favours it.

32 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Or which clock does see operate too 

Like pretty much all web commerce services they'll be running an NTP (Network Time Protocol) server which itself syncs with a very accurate public time service....mainly atomic based.  We're talking milliseconds of differential between their time and ours tbh.....way less than could be beaten by a key press I'm afraid....other than by pure luck.

• Thanks 1

Just now, parsonjack said:

Like pretty much all web commerce services they'll be running an NTP (Network Time Protocol) server which itself syncs with a very accurate public time service....mainly atomic based.  We're talking milliseconds of differential between their time and ours tbh.....way less than could be beaten by a key press I'm afraid....other than by pure luck.

or anything automated ? 

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

or anything automated ? 

They'll probably be getting thousands of hits every millisecond. If it does turn out to be a case of getting in the queue at the right moment (which is my current deduction, but still far from certain), then even if you're synced exactly with the time See are using (which there's no way of being sure of), then there's still variables that make it difficult if not impossible to guarantee you hit within the right fraction of a second regardless of whether it's automated or manual - network latency and server response times will play a part in it.

Just now, incident said:

They'll probably be getting thousands of hits every millisecond. If it does turn out to be a case of getting in the queue at the right moment (which is my current deduction, but still far from certain), then even if you're synced exactly with the time See are using (which there's no way of being sure of), then there's still variables that make it difficult if not impossible to guarantee you hit within the right fraction of a second regardless of whether it's automated or manual - network latency and server response times will play a part in it.

thanks 🙂 

48 minutes ago, incident said:

It's definitely worth a try and very simple to do...

1 hour ago, incident said:

What he said ^ 😂