Chevron Stage 2025

I went to Leeds this year just for the Sunday and was blown away by the Chevron stage. The placement of it opposite end of the arena to the main stage was perfect and the atmosphere at that stage was incredible. Never done a dance day at Leeds all the years I've been but the run of Barry Cant Swim - Goddard - Sonny was amazing, topped off by Fred Again on the main stage. 

Who are we hoping for on Chevron for 2025 ? Id love Ben Helmsley to get a good spot one day. Camelphat headlining if they're touring. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, glastorome said:

I went to Leeds this year just for the Sunday and was blown away by the Chevron stage. The placement of it opposite end of the arena to the main stage was perfect and the atmosphere at that stage was incredible. Never done a dance day at Leeds all the years I've been but the run of Barry Cant Swim - Goddard - Sonny was amazing, topped off by Fred Again on the main stage. 

Who are we hoping for on Chevron for 2025 ? Id love Ben Helmsley to get a good spot one day. Camelphat headlining if they're touring. 

I’d like to see Jamie xx on there and Justice but I’m not sure how likely either of those would be at R&L these days. 

Edited by Andre91

19 hours ago, glastorome said:

You should dive further into dance music, you will love it i'm sure

Try the Electronica & Dance thread on the glastonbury - chat board

4 hours ago, gfa said:

You should dive further into dance music, you will love it i'm sure

Try the Electronica & Dance thread on the glastonbury - chat board

I love dance music tbh, glad its finally got a large outdoor stage at Leeds. We was in an apartment in Leeds the night before and my mate was teaching me the basics of how to mix and sample, class weekend. 

He's a dance head in his 40's like me, he'd never done a festival before, but we're hoping for a decent day next year on the Chevron so we can go together again. 

On 9/2/2024 at 8:46 PM, Andre91 said:

I’d like to see Jamie xx on there and Justice but I’m not sure how likely either of those would be at R&L these days. 

If Prodigy can headline cant see why these two couldn't. 

If they want to go down the nostalgia route next year Faithless would be a good shout. Their 2.0 remix album is belting. 

I'd be surprised if Justice did it

I did Field Day 2 weeks back and it sold quite poorly - i don't think they have much draw at all with the core audience

Jamie XX is a decent shout but i think the xx are touring so hes unlikely to be about

Faithless would be interesting - although are a lot smaller than Prodigy with less dedicated fans. Not sure they make much sense over a more popular, younger audience dj

4 hours ago, gfa said:

I'd be surprised if Justice did it

I did Field Day 2 weeks back and it sold quite poorly - i don't think they have much draw at all with the core audience

Jamie XX is a decent shout but i think the xx are touring so hes unlikely to be about

Faithless would be interesting - although are a lot smaller than Prodigy with less dedicated fans. Not sure they make much sense over a more popular, younger audience dj

Faithless playing the Chevron with Foo Fighters on the main, would be a boomer day to match Blink/ Prodigy this year!

Someone vaguely relevant on top of the R1, with a good mixed lineup for the rest of the day and it may just about work

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Faithless playing the Chevron with Foo Fighters on the main, would be a boomer day to match Blink/ Prodigy this year!

Someone vaguely relevant on top of the R1, with a good mixed lineup for the rest of the day and it may just about work

The Prodigy are a much bigger act with far more appeal to younger people ... I think size wise Faithless could be looking more at R1 tbh for a headlining slot. Which would work in the same way.

Although tbf if you want them for foos crowd they would be subbing chevron anyway to allow for a long foos set, so that would work much better too actually

18 hours ago, gfa said:

The Prodigy are a much bigger act with far more appeal to younger people ... I think size wise Faithless could be looking more at R1 tbh for a headlining slot. Which would work in the same way.

Although tbf if you want them for foos crowd they would be subbing chevron anyway to allow for a long foos set, so that would work much better too actually

There was a lot of older dance heads at Chevron on the sunday, so you put an older dance act like faithless against a young main stage headliner it would probably split the crowd really well. 

1 hour ago, glastorome said:

There was a lot of older dance heads at Chevron on the sunday, so you put an older dance act like faithless against a young main stage headliner it would probably split the crowd really well. 

Meant faithless just aren't big enough 

They'd be a weak booking to headline it