Other Stage Headliner / Pyramid Sub Headliners

Ben7amin_

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

That's Guy and the fellas into the conversation, I think.

Not for one of these slots, one further down possibly.

If that Biffy Clyro at Truck is correct, depending on who else they have I think that puts them as a sub this year in the same vein as Royal Blood that did it. It believe it was only the streets this year that did it bit Biffy aren't going to take an other sub slot yet. My guess is they'll do two of Truck, Y Not and Kendall Calling as a big band on their anniversary and Glastonbury.

On 10/14/2024 at 8:27 AM, Ben7amin_ said:

Missed the Pyramid headliners last year (though did watch all three on Iplayer after).  I would say Simzy & LCD were much better than the actual headliners. For me anyway 

Little Simmz just isn't for me tbh. Not my type of music at all.

LCD were outstanding though. 

10 hours ago, northernangel said:

Not for one of these slots, one further down possibly.

If that Biffy Clyro at Truck is correct, depending on who else they have I think that puts them as a sub this year in the same vein as Royal Blood that did it. It believe it was only the streets this year that did it bit Biffy aren't going to take an other sub slot yet. My guess is they'll do two of Truck, Y Not and Kendall Calling as a big band on their anniversary and Glastonbury.

Whoa I hope they do Kendal as we've got tickets!

7 hours ago, gfa said:

Could Kendal have bagged Pulp?

Given they did Neighbourhood Weekender it doesn't seem mad they could do it

I did wonder this myself when I saw they're carrying on into next year. Less likely than Biffy but my number 1 wish for that festival!

Kendal got Elbow for their 10th anniversary in 2015 when they were probably at their biggest, and at that time it was their biggest headliner by a huge amount. Since then they've got bigger, with Stereophonics, Noel and a few others so the likes of Pulp or Biffy aren't out the question 

6 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Whoa I hope they do Kendal as we've got tickets!

I am close looking at who they book this year and tempted.

6 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I did wonder this myself when I saw they're carrying on into next year. Less likely than Biffy but my number 1 wish for that festival!

Kendal got Elbow for their 10th anniversary in 2015 when they were probably at their biggest, and at that time it was their biggest headliner by a huge amount. Since then they've got bigger, with Stereophonics, Noel and a few others so the likes of Pulp or Biffy aren't out the question 

Not including that year but I look at soke of the lineups, including 2012 and some kendall one's beat the one's currently even though they are a bigger festival now. I think that for me though adds to music 10 - 15 years ago just being better on the scene overall. I would say Elbow was their biggest booking then too. Snoop Dog was a decent booking but he only got 4th down Glastonbury whereas Elbow sill sub then and Kaiser Chiefs don't sub Glastonbury then either. I don't think Phonincs in 15 were as popular as their rejuvenation now. I don't think you're getting Pulp myself and Biffy Clyro, however Biffy would just play Y Not and Truck but being Kendall is the biggest I forsee that happening. Pulp and Biffy will be out of their price. I think Glastonbury though have Biffy Clyro and Yungblud as subs.

11 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Biffy could be ruled out by doing TRNSMT potentially i think (no info just speculation)

47 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Biffy Clyro is, and I will maintain, still an excellent shout for Pyramid sub or Other headliner.

Whether it is a strong shout feels more up for debate.

Definitely would look good on paper, regardless of their fairly weak selling power these days.

Perhaps more suited to other though - following on from Foals and QOTSA? They would go down awfully before a pyramid headliner thats not similar to them

21 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Where's all this talk of Halsey subbing the Pyramid come from? I had to do a Spotify search on her when i saw this spot mentioned 😬

she headlined (2nd headline) reading last year. big us popstar whos a bit alternative and has grown over time. 3rd / other sub though i reckon, she was small for that reading slot to begin with

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Biffy could be ruled out by doing TRNSMT potentially i think (no info just speculation)

Definitely would look good on paper, regardless of their fairly weak selling power these days.

Perhaps more suited to other though - following on from Foals and QOTSA? They would go down awfully before a pyramid headliner thats not similar to them

she headlined (2nd headline) reading last year. big us popstar whos a bit alternative and has grown over time. 3rd / other sub though i reckon, she was small for that reading slot to begin with

With Biffy to be honest they've got two night potentially sub to at least one pop rock act/two pop acts. Glastonbury don't really booked acts who are good to go after. I can see them going under Olivia just fine. I also don't see them not being the big act at any of these other festivals booking unless they grab Pulp as well. Obviously there is no rule that says they can't do Other but history would say they wouldn't. They are bu accepting those opening themselves to be and stay at both spots. Any festival really now that books them to headliner that is considered a major festival except for Scotland should be seen as struggling.

31 minutes ago, northernangel said:

With Biffy to be honest they've got two night potentially sub to at least one pop rock act/two pop acts. Glastonbury don't really booked acts who are good to go after. I can see them going under Olivia just fine. I also don't see them not being the big act at any of these other festivals booking unless they grab Pulp as well. Obviously there is no rule that says they can't do Other but history would say they wouldn't. They are bu accepting those opening themselves to be and stay at both spots. Any festival really now that books them to headliner that is considered a major festival except for Scotland should be seen as struggling.

Why not? As i said Foals and QOTSA have done it in recent years

54 minutes ago, gfa said:

Why not? As i said Foals and QOTSA have done it in recent years

QOTSA have never headlined these festivals we talk about and Foals played Glastonbury Park as secret set in 2019, they didn't headline Other or sub Glastonbury the same year as those festivals....neither of them.

Biffy Clyro have wider appeal to more people I'm willing to bet that both of those two. A broader selection of people will know Biffy Clyro songs.

If we go by recent history involving those festivals then they aren't out of the Other sub category but I believe they'll be in the Royal Blood zone.

It wasn't meant but Fender was also who was chosen from being a Victorious headliner the previous year to sub Glastonbury as the bump up and i think it was probably thought the festivals that did get Fender that will did pretty well.

Edited by northernangel