Other Stage Headliner / Pyramid Sub Headliners

Ben7amin_

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Biffy would definitely get the 90 minutes - its only shorter on other for acts who have like 2 albums i think?

offered the slot alongside fontaines apparently (who have declined). shite act

Offered sub or other headliner. 

1 hour ago, Justcalledtosay said:

That's a grim set of Subs.

To be honest Yungblud and Jack for two of the 3 subs for me would be ace. I think these days though I'd swap Jack for Biffy but fairly any of the other suggestions put in those slots except for Halsey who I think is a way better choice than Sabrina.

27 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I know Sabrina Carpenter is big, but... I cannot shake this sense that it's one who - fairly or not - will drop off soon enough.

Agree with this, I actually think it would be a horribly poor sub choice but I don't think she'll get sub

On 10/14/2024 at 4:07 PM, gfa said:

Some acts do build up more slowly than others.

Have the 1975 done a smaller stage headline - if they get booked then they would be one?

The xx maybe? not checked.

The dynamic of how acts grow has changed so much since covid that i'm not sure how much it matters. Is headlining woodsies / park that different to being booked for mid other and then going on to do it (ala Dua / Billie)

People used to obsess about this kinda thing a lot, not seen it recently to be fair

Entirely from memory, but weren't Alt-J a slow burn like this?  Played unsigned somewhere early doors, JP Tent around 2013, teatime pyramid 2015, then headlined Other in 2017?  Did they also headline The Park in 2023?

Think the highest The 1975 got was third on Other (2016) and fifth on Pyramid (2014). By the time the 2019 edition rolled around after the fallow year, A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships had blown up and they were about to be minted as R+L headliners. Think there was probably no other slot they'd have taken but Pyramid headline at that point.