Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

2027 Headliners

chew the fat

On 10/18/2024 at 7:37 PM, northernangel said:

I think Chase and Status are going one step bigger with Back Bone collab. Another solid album and we can't rule it out. You sell out MK Bowl with ease, if you headline Reading as well then you can't be ruled out.

Dance music comes and goes - DNB is big at the moment but seems unlikely to still be in 2027. Guess we'll see!

If they do Reading though would definitely be on the radar - although still reckon they are the secondary headliner at this point.

In my head, C&S are a R+L secondary at best, but on a weak year, there's the case to be made.

My mate keeps on insisting Glastonbury dropped the ball by not booting Lana del Rey up the bill when they tapped GNR at short notice in 2023, and says it was responsible for the SZA booking a year later. Given she still couldn't get to closing status at R+L, I think his argument lacks a sound foundational merit, but hey ho.

I'd have laughed you out of the house on that one two years ago, but honestly, the chances of REM coming around again are not implausible.

But I would also imagine it would require either a lot of money or something special to hook them in. Does the festival have it in them to pull that out of the bag?