End of the road festival 2008

Guest zahidf

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no - I see the day/stage orders are now up on the EoTR web site, and Sun Kil Moon appear to clash with Low / Mercury Rev.

Can anyone confirm this? Does the 'lesser stages' finish at the same time as the main stage or earlier?

Soooooooooooooooooooooo disappointed if I can't see all three of these.

Can't wait for this one...I have therefore listed my top three "Must Sees" for each day below...

Friday

Conor Oberst & The Mystic Valley Band

Laura Marling

American Music Club

Saturday

Bowerbirds

Friska Viljor

Absentee

Sunday

Calexico

House of Brothers

The Gentle Good

Anyone else agree with me? Saturday is so hard to call...there are so many awesome bands on...it is gonna be great!

Can't wait for this one...I have therefore listed my top three "Must Sees" for each day below...

Friday

Conor Oberst & The Mystic Valley Band

Laura Marling

American Music Club

Saturday

Bowerbirds

Friska Viljor

Absentee

Sunday

Calexico

House of Brothers

The Gentle Good

Anyone else agree with me? Saturday is so hard to call...there are so many awesome bands on...it is gonna be great!

Conor Oberst

Laura Marling

Mercury Rev (the epitomy of a 'festival' band for me)

Low

Sun Kil Moon

Tindersticks

Other than that I'm looking forward to just chilling with a number of unknown (to me) bands, unlike Latitude where I overdid the theatre / Literature & Radio 4 to the detriment of seeing new stuff on the Lake stage.

ooooh thank you EOTR you have moved David Thomas Broughton and removed my only major potential clash!

I want to see most:

Sons of Noel and Adrian

Wave Pictures

Kimya Dawson

Darren and Jack

Jeffrey Lewis

The Mountain Goats

busy busy sunday!

I also want to see David Thomas Broughton, Mercury Rev- I think it'll be a nice combination of music and venue, and a lot of other stuff I've not seen before.

I love end of the road because at other festivals i rush about to see this band or that band.

At EOTR i just wander about because half the time I end up discovering something better than i had planned.....or i just have a really nice beer and talk to peahens and parrots (sometimes they're even there ;) )

My only must sees are

Conor Oberst

Laura Marling

One Little Plane

Bon Iver

Kurt Wagner

The Young Republic

Absentee

Mercury Rev

Tindersticks

Woodpigeon

And I really want a band called Wildbirds and Peacedrums to be good - so I'm not going to seek them out on the net, I'm just going to turn up and wallow.

Dead Meadow

A hawk and a hacksaw

sennen

absentee

low

mercury rev [ just playing new album as i type this]

congregation

cut a shine

tindersticks

brakes

The listing on the end of the road website says late night bands are on in the big top,so i'm assuming that include mumford and sons and Hush the Many though i could be wrong.

friday

a hawk & a hacksaw

dirty three

conor oberst

american music club

sat

bon iver

low

sun kil moon

mercury rev

sun

jason molina

tindersticks

calexico

there are a few close calls though. i think amc clash with dirty three which is a shame.

its my first time. it really does look amazing and the line up is something else.

could anyone tell me what time the big top and bimble inn go on till or does it all finish at 12.